Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chinese, asian who eat carb my whole life, how to replace carb with veg and fruit?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AnneArchy View Post
    Half of the company I work for are Koreans and so are the owners. When we go to Korean places for lunch they all eat tons of noodles and rice and the girls are all very skinny and the guys are fit. It amazes me because I know if I was eating that much starch it would make me gain weight.
    I have a pet theory that the digestive enzymes in fermented foods like Kim Chee and large quantities of seafood in their diet contribute a lot to their overall health and leanness. Japanese have miso, natto and soy sauce. Just a thought. They might have superior digestion? The dots are out there I'm just too lazy to really connect them :P
    Currently dabbling in: IF, leangains, Starting Strength, 5/3/1

Comment

Originally posted by KestrelSF View Post
      If you don't have weight to lose then it probably won't hurt ya to keep eating some rice. The most important thing is you ditch the grain.
      I'm of the opinion to also make sure you have taken care of other stuff first

1) ditch PUFAs
      2) ditch grain
      3) minimize added sugar
      4) sunlight/vitamin D
      5) sleep
      6) exercise

If you take care of those and you're getting the results you're after then I wouldn't worry about rice. I would, however worry about the type of vegetable oil, amount of flour breading and amount of sugar I see in a lot of chinese dishes (both commercial and home made)

Comment

Originally posted by jojoman View Post
        hi,
        for my whole life i eat white rice.

any meal without rice would feel strange....

the question is how to replace rice with veg and frutis and what amount?

anyone can advise me?

thank you so much
        My wife is Asian and like you, she has eaten rice her whole life with every meal. But since we've gone Primal, she's cut her rice intake down to one bowl in the morning or sometimes none that day. She says she just has less desire for it now and has replaced it with salad greens.
        52 year old Male
        Goal: 185lbs
        April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

I'd like to point out that, no matter how much rice a Chinese person might eat, I never see obese Chinese people.

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
            I'd like to point out that, no matter how much rice a Chinese person might eat, I never see obese Chinese people.
            I go to Japan every 2 or 3 years and I usually only see 3 or 4 fat people the whole time. But where do I see them? At the 7-11 or "HotSpar" buying a lot of junkfood!
            52 year old Male
            Goal: 185lbs
            April 10th: 220lbs

Comment

Originally posted by dado View Post
              Ha. Ha. Hahaha. Go to China and you'll see plenty of them walking around in the street, at least in the metropolitan areas -.-

But I agree with a past poster on how Chinese banquet style is the way to go. Who needs rice when you had 10+ dishes of delicious meat and vegetables beforehand? I notice that oils are a bit of a problem though...most Asians use either lard (which is not very common anymore) or vegetable/soybean/sesame oils now.
              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                Ha. Ha. Hahaha. Go to China and you'll see plenty of them walking around in the street, at least in the metropolitan areas -.-

But I agree with a past poster on how Chinese banquet style is the way to go. Who needs rice when you had 10+ dishes of delicious meat and vegetables beforehand? I notice that oils are a bit of a problem though...most Asians use either lard (which is not very common anymore) or vegetable/soybean/sesame oils now.
                IIRC they used a lot of pork fat for cooking back in the day.

however

http://wallstreetpit.com/11980-getti...na-clean-water

Comment

Working...
                X