Fat Head

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Head

Has anyone seen this documentary. Its a very humorous take at everything that is wrong regarding conventional wisdom of our diet and the recommendations set forth by the so-called experts.

The film did such a good job elucidating all the paradoxical claims of CW that I could not help but to shine a slightly pompous smile as I watched the film, thinking "yea, saturated fat really does keep me happy."

Take that corn oil!
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Yes! I have watched it twice and I love it. Have it on my laptop for random viewing.

Comment

I really just saw it for the first time on my computer as well. I enjoyed the documentary so much I had to let the world know! The animations used really got the point across significantly. It still baffles me by how people don't put any logic into CW and abide by it despite the failures that it brings forth to everyone's health.
      --

Comment

if its anything like food inc or king corn I'll like it. checking netflix for it right now!
        sigpic

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
        Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
        With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
        Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
        MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

Originally posted by rok out with ur grok out View Post
          if its anything like food inc or king corn I'll like it. checking netflix for it right now!
          It is much better then Food Inc.

Comment

I've only seen segments on YouTube (it's not available here in the UK at the moment). Highly recommend it. For some reason they show it a lot in New Zealand and my dad actually changed his diet as a result of watching it. His doc is sort of behind him so long as his cholesterol doesn't go up (so not completely convinced). Dad says he lost weight without even trying.
            My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Sounds good, lookin for it right now.wonder if netflix has it...
              "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

I loved it. People whom I convinced to watch it were bored by all the anti-supersize me stuff in the beginning and didnt make it to the lypid hypothesis stuf.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
                  I loved it. People whom I convinced to watch it were bored by all the anti-supersize me stuff in the beginning and didnt make it to the lypid hypothesis stuf.
                  carb mind fog reduced their attention span!
                  "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Better than Food, Inc and King Corn in my opinion. Excellent, excellent movie.

Comment

Food inc had a whole different point to it. Rather than expose the bologna we were fed about the definition of a 'healthy' diet as in fat head, food inc really exposed the origins of the ingredients used to make the bologna itself. I really enjoyed food inc, but it also made my blood boil in a way. With food inc, it was frustrating watching how the giant corporations control most of the things that we eat, the farmers themselves with the type of seeds they can grow, and the whole premise that grains are very important to us period.

Fat head was great in exposing the lies behind CW, showing that the whole point of CW is not to lead the population to health, but to confuse and frustrate the population with some misinterpreted science in order to sell them products. It all comes down to money.

I was having a chat with a professor of mine a month ago and we were talking about cooking. I told him that coconut milk is one of my favorite ingredients to use in my cooking. He said its good, but you can't use a lot of it because it has a lot of saturated fat. That scared me, because even an experienced researcher and scientist is easily digesting the white bread known as the lipid hypothesis.

The lipid hypothesis is a prime example of a classic idea on attitude change developed by social psychologists: you can pretty much scare people into doing many things if the fear can hit close to home. No one wants to be fat, so it was easy to scare people into avoiding eggs and bacon. In fact, one of my favorite fun facts in the movie was the notion that farmers in the 70s were told to breed chickens that produced eggs with less cholesterol.

Fat head also gave a great holistic perspective on everything that is wrong with our health today, and how it is all related to our diet. ADHD, chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety, diabetes, heart disease, and all those diseases of civilization all magically began when the new dietary guidelines were set forth by the government. Sadly, no one put the two and two together
                      --

Comment

Thanks for posting this. A friend just asked if I had seen it and I hadn't even heard of it. I will have to check it out.

Comment

Any links to it out there on the interweb?

Comment

Here is a link to his blog for anyone interested
                            http://www.fathead-movie.com/
                            Love that movie!
                            Calm the f**k down.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrappler View Post
                              carb mind fog reduced their attention span!
                              +1
                              The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Working...
                              X