Eating Coconut Oil?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating Coconut Oil?

I've heard a lot of people say they eat coconut oil. Do they mean just straight out of the container? Mine is solid, I'm guessing that's regular with all the sat. fat. Is it tasty? It smells really good, but eating it?

I often eat it straight out of the jar. If I am starving, and trying to fight off a junk-carb craving, a spoonful of it does the trick.

I also put a spoon of it in coffee sometimes (weird I know...but it melts down and I can drink it) and blend it in my protein shakes.

Comment

I eat a spoonful in the morning and anytime I need to fight off a carb-craving like Phil-SC. I find if I forget in the morning I start to get hunger sooner in the day. Usually I eat a nice breakfast and I'm not really hungry until dinner. If I forget my cocunut oil I notice a mid-afternoon hunger craving sometimes.

Comment

The taste of it on its own doesn't do much for me. Melt it, stir in cocoa powder and let set. Boom, coconut oil chocolate. Heaven, no sugar. Careful if you like dark chocolate, you wont stop.
        www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

I'm an idiot. I added coconut oil to ICED coffee one day in liquid form. Well duh! If it goes below a certain temp is goes back to being a solid and I had little chunks of it floating around in my iced coffee. I drank it anyway because I didn't want to waste it or the organic heavy cream I put in my coffee.

Comment

I make little chocolates made of half and half coconut oil and 85% chocolate. Yum! Melt them together and pour into ice cube trays or similar
            My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

when I've blended it into a shake it always seems to solidify into hard little pebbles. any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by rockstareddy View Post
                The taste of it on its own doesn't do much for me. Melt it, stir in cocoa powder and let set. Boom, coconut oil chocolate. Heaven, no sugar. Careful if you like dark chocolate, you wont stop.
                I made something similar today. Coconut oil, cream, cocoa powder and chopped strawberries. Mixed everything and put it in the fridge for a bit. Voilą coconut oil mousse au chocolat.

Comment

I have yet to make an awesome dessert like that. Gotta get to it @_@
                  "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

I'd never tried a spoonful until just now. I wrote in my journal that I am hungry atm, but waiting for a big dinner to eat. You guys lied though. A spoonful didn't work. It took two. So good, so buttery. Mmmmm. Good lip moisturizer too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grol View Post
                      I'd never tried a spoonful until just now. I wrote in my journal that I am hungry atm, but waiting for a big dinner to eat. You guys lied though. A spoonful didn't work. It took two. So good, so buttery. Mmmmm. Good lip moisturizer too.
                      Everyone's different, hehe
                      "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Straight out of the jar baby... It's great, I love it!

Comment

I just made some coconut oil candy. Coconut oil, almond butter, and unsweetened baker's chocolate. If you like dark chocolate, it's pretty good. Yummy!

Oh, and I put it in the freezer in a muffin tin.

Comment

Originally posted by Styopa View Post
                            I made something similar today. Coconut oil, cream, cocoa powder and chopped strawberries. Mixed everything and put it in the fridge for a bit. Voilą coconut oil mousse au chocolat.
                            Agreed, whenever I mix cocoa powder with cream or coconut milk it makes this incredible mouse/ truffle which goes down way to easily.
                            www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by jo View Post
                              I make little chocolates made of half and half coconut oil and 85% chocolate. Yum! Melt them together and pour into ice cube trays or similar
                              Yummos!! That sounds super good, Jo! I shall have to try it...
                              I eat coconut oil by mixing a blob of it really well with a spoonful of coconut flakes, pinch of cocoa nibs and some frozen blueberries. Refridgerate for a bit, until the coconut oil hardens, and the berries soften--its kind of like those dipped ice cream cones--crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside! Haha, well, sort of... :P Anyway, its really good!
                              My etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/UrthForged
                              *hand-carved wood and bone jewelry*

Comment

Working...
                              X