Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skippy Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter... the nectar of the gods! Whaaaaat???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skippy Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter... the nectar of the gods! Whaaaaat???

So, I must admit that I LOVE, I'm errrrrr, I used to be a slave to peanut butter but for the last two years I've taken a teaspoon and stuck into my jar of PB2 (dry and powdery) and put it in my mouth. Maybe one tsp a day if that.

That said.... I'm ready to find a primal/paleo skippy peanut butter and add it to my pantry! Is there one out there? Without trying a host of different brands and short of making my own, what's your favorite Ooey gooey peanut buttery (you're a slave to) goodness?

~ Primal ♥ ~
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

~ Theodor Seuss Geisel aka... Dr. Seuss ~

Primal peanut butter? By definition it doesn't exist. There are different types of nut butters (cashew butter, almond butter, etc.) out there, but I wouldn't recommend eating them because they are so calorie-dense and easy to overeat, and because of the Omega-6 overload. Best wishes to you.

Comment

Peanuts and peanut butter are out of bounds. Sorry.

I haven't tried nut butters (like almond), but many like them. Raw honey and dark chocolate (at least 75% cacao) are a couple of other primal sweet treats.

Comment

Completely and totally lost my taste for PB since going Paleo. I'd much prefer Zinke Almond Butter anyway. I rarely eat any nut butter because it is easier to portion control with individual nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Drock View Post
          Primal peanut butter? By definition it doesn't exist. There are different types of nut butters (cashew butter, almond butter, etc.) out there, but I wouldn't recommend eating them because they are so calorie-dense and easy to overeat, and because of the Omega-6 overload. Best wishes to you.
          Have to agree--peanuts contain dubious soy-like peptides linked to inflammation & heart disease (not definitive but enough to give me pause)

IMO the #1 trait of any healthful food is self-regulation so anything that evokes "slave" language will likely backfire
          37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

I used to eat more peanut butter than anyone else I knew. Loved it. And now I haven't had any in probably...2 years? Replace it with other delicious food and it's no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by picklepete View Post
              Have to agree--peanuts contain dubious soy-like peptides linked to inflammation & heart disease (not definitive but enough to give me pause)

IMO the #1 trait of any healthful food is self-regulation so anything that evokes "slave" language will likely backfire
              Oh my so "serious"! The word "slave" was a joke... as in haha, ya know?

Drock, thanks so much for the inf. that makes me sad but I'm here for the duration. And in terms of overeating, I've got that down pretty tight. I've been solid on an eating plan for two years and nothing could shake me, not even peanut butter!

Curious... should I not joke on this forum? JK...

~ Primal ♥ ~
              "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                I used to eat more peanut butter than anyone else I knew. Loved it. And now I haven't had any in probably...2 years? Replace it with other delicious food and it's no big deal.
                Yep I guess that's going to have to be the plan!

Thanks all!

~ Primal ♥ ~

Comment

Originally posted by Primalkatt View Post
                  Yep I guess that's going to have to be the plan!

Thanks all!

~ Primal ♥ ~
                  No nut butters. Eat raw whole tree nuts. Rotate through them for variety.

I currently have a bag of organic brazil nuts and another of walnuts. When those are done I will order hazlenuts and pecans.

Some here say no nuts at all because of their polyunsaturated fat content. I can't wrap my head around this idea as tree nuts are an abundant source of calories in many temperate environments. So we surely evolved eating them.

By the way - I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER - could easily eat it every day. But I don't.
                  What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Comment

Originally posted by gdot View Post
                    No nut butters. Eat raw whole tree nuts. Rotate through them for variety.

I currently have a bag of organic brazil nuts and another of walnuts. When those are done I will order hazlenuts and pecans.

Some here say no nuts at all because of their polyunsaturated fat content. I can't wrap my head around this idea as tree nuts are an abundant source of calories in many temperate environments. So we surely evolved eating them.

By the way - I LOVE PEANUT BUTTER - could easily eat it every day. But I don't.
                    Ohhhhh! I was going to get almond and cashew butter! *pouts and snivels like a cranky poopy baby*

Well this is a journey indeed and I'm signed on for the duration like I said. I haven't had peanut butter in 2 years so what's another 50!

Swapping out foods is my motto, I have to find something that fills the void.

And yeah, skippy crazy crunchy Ooey gooey peanut butter goodness rocks in my book!

~ Primal ♥ ~

Comment

Because I was once totally a slave to calories, I lost my taste for all foods that had >90 calories/tablespoon - IOW, things that were basically pure fat.

Now I'm only a part time submissive to calories, and healthy foods are my master, so butter and lard, and occasionally olive oil are part of my diet, though I use them sparingly. Peanut butter? Not even on my "gee I'm in the mood for," list ever.

If you must indulge, I'd think that whole cashews taste better than any butter ever has. And cashew (and other real nut) butter would give you the mouth feel.

If you must indulge in peanut butter, find a nice hippy brand that only contains peanuts and salt. You'll most likely have to stir it because it won't have stabilizers to keep it pretty. Sometimes keeping it in the fridge after stirring will also keep it from separating.
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        Because I was once totally a slave to calories, I lost my taste for all foods that had >90 calories/tablespoon - IOW, things that were basically pure fat.

Now I'm only a part time submissive to calories, and healthy foods are my master, so butter and lard, and occasionally olive oil are part of my diet, though I use them sparingly. Peanut butter? Not even on my "gee I'm in the mood for," list ever.

If you must indulge, I'd think that whole cashews taste better than any butter ever has. And cashew (and other real nut) butter would give you the mouth feel.

If you must indulge in peanut butter, find a nice hippy brand that only contains peanuts and salt. You'll most likely have to stir it because it won't have stabilizers to keep it pretty. Sometimes keeping it in the fridge after stirring will also keep it from separating.
                        Thanks so much but like I said above I'm just going to walk away from it. I'm not a slave to "any" food, food is fuel and has been for a very long time and it's going to stay that way. I was hoping there was a paleo friendly PB but since there isn't it's off my friendly food list, that quick and that easy.

~ Primal ♥ ~

Comment

Originally posted by d-roc
                          Ingredients: Roasted Peanuts, Sugar, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oils (from cottonseed, soy, and rapeseed aka canola), and salt.

---
                          Not sure if trolling or just stupid, but reading the ingredients it's pretty obvious, even if peanuts are ok.
                          At least buy the "Skippy Natural" one that has palm oil instead of hydrogenated crap. But yeah, avoid peanut butter unless you're going out of your way to gain weight rapidly.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Over here in England I get a brand called "Meridian" ingredients= 100% peanuts.

I'm eating it as like Rich said, I'm trying to gain weight and like everyone else has said, it's massively calorific... and awesome.

Comment

My hubby eats more peanut butter than any adult I know. Since that is the case, I buy all-natural Adam's PB, made from peanuts. That's its only ingredient. He's made it to 80 eating approx one jar a week. But he shares.;-)

Comment

Working...
                              X