No announcement yet.

Survival Week 8/3/09 - Fair Warning! :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survival Week 8/3/09 - Fair Warning! :)

Ok, at the request of participants, I'm posting this one a bit early so everyone can be ready for it.

Things aren't looking so good for Grok. Maybe there's a draught and foraging just isn't working out. Hunting may be sparse. Can you survive?

Guidelines:

1) No alcohol, dairy, chocolate (or whatever your vice is.)

2) Carbs below 50.

3) IF one meal per day.

4) Use only what you already have in your kitchen. No new groceries.

How many can you follow? Can you take them all on at the same time? Can you survive?

I'm in again! Actually looking forward to it.

No dairy and carbs under 50.

Comment

This seems like so much fun! Maybe i'll tackle the next one though. I'm still trying to figure out all this primal stuff and getting used to eating that way.

How often do you do these? Once a month?

Comment

Personally, I've been doing them every other week, weekends not withstanding. It's actually a lot of fun to have other Primals joining me now!

The next one will be in about 2 weeks. Once you get comfortable with PB, we'd be glad to have you join us.

Comment

Not this week, sorry... too much stuff happening to think about surviving this week.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

I am in this week! I had a mini-breakdown at mid point last time. But a lot of my triggers aren't even in the house now. Take that, almond butter.

Comment

LOL! I can't keep nut butter in the house either. I eat it too fast. My new rule is to make it, and only as much as I intend to eat at that moment.

Can't wait to bust it out this week!

Comment

OK I am in this time

Not ready to give up dairy yet

No wine or chocolate

IF once a day (normally eat x 4 so one of these 4)

Carbs under 50gr

Only what's in the kitchen

Comment

Hi I'm new here, but not so new to primal eating...

I'm in, but will have to unfortunately hit the shop a couple of times as we don't keep much stocked here!

but definitely No dairy, chocolate, carbs under 50 and i'll IF one meal a day!

Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Comment

Glad to have you aboard! Here we go!

I'm IFing breakfast.

L: Country rib with roasted veggies

D: Broccoli soup and protein shake (I know it doesn't match but I want to get them both used up.)

Just off to the gym to work the arms. They've been somewhat neglected lately.

Comment

is it OK if I post at the end of the day what I have eaten, Diana, rather than a ^prediction? I tend to be pretty spontaneous in the kitchen rather than planned (tho breakfast tends to be samey with me )

Comment

Of course.

I just realized I can't do my protein shake. It's whey. Should hold up in the freezer til next week.

Crappy workout at the gym. I'm annoyed that they started a bootcamp thing right during my workout, so I have all these flaky girls over-running my space. *sigh*

Comment

B: broccoli omelet with some feta (dairy isn't my vice, nut butters are...not even a taste this week, dammit!)

L: IF

D: cucumber salad ala RogerDeGrok

S: cinnamon pork rinds

Calories are going to be a little lower today, only because I went ape last night preparing for survival week.

Carbs: 31.1

Doing a full body workout this morning and then off to my trainer later today for shoulders and arms. I know that dips are in order, with a 30 pound weight strapped to my waist. yay.

Comment

Hello- happy challenge starting day!

eggs in coconut oil for breakfast.

tuna salad for lunch (tuna, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives, olive oil)

cherries

beef/broccoli stir fry left-overs

Will post carb totals tonight.

Comment

Breakfast : two fried eggs, bacon, tomatoes and avocado, tomatoes, two coffees and milk

lunch: shrimp and spinach salad, with fennel and walnut oil, coffee and milk

Snack : IF

Dinner : IF

exercise : bike sptints

carbs 38gr carbs

Comment

Working...
                              X