No announcement yet.

Survival Week 8/3/09 - Fair Warning! :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for me some of the squat moves get the blood really flowing....really want to clench try the Insanity Plyo, it's only about 16 mins of actual work, but I burn in that time what I do in all of plyo X....it does make you sweat a puddle like on the cover....

Comment

Ha - so much for the warning - completely missed it! Anyway, I'm in! My first survival approach is just going to be maintaining 50g of carbs or less. Yesterday was my first try since going primal to get it down that low and I REALLY struggled. The thing that threw me off was a large avocado. Who new those suckers had 26g of carbs?

Monday I came in right at 50g of carbs. So far today, after breakfast and lunch, I'm only pushing 13g of carbs. Woo!! Totally having blueberries to celebrate this evening.

Comment

Great job everyone! 2 days down, 3 to go.

B: IF

L: Survivor Soup (again). Last serving tomorrow.

D: Chicken salad with romaine, oil and vinegar. Blackberries and walnuts with coconut milk for dessert.

I really miss my eggs already. I will have to make dinner with eggs tomorrow since I'm not doing breakfast this week.

Comment

B eggs, bacon, avocado and tomatoes, 2 coffees with cream

L IF

S IF

D sea food salad and small glass of wine, sorry, it was a spontaneous meal with friends after the beach they all had pasta but i gave into the rosť

carbs 27.3gr

wts :

A1 Front Squat

A2 Pullups

B1 Romanain dealifts

B2 Overhead Press

C1 lat pulldowns

C2 Bentover BB rows

and now just about to go climb a mountain and do some geocaching catch u all later

Comment

Ate too much chicken last night, but then again I did plant an entire garden and have the blisters to prove it! So, my calories and fat increased from my totals yesterday, but not my carb count.

Today:

B: Omelet

L:IF

D: It's beef Wednesday...maybe hamburgers or grilled flank steak. Making homemade salsa, so something to go with that.

S: the mighty rind or jerky

Carbs 34

WOD: Upper body +

Diana, how was the date? Love your new picture!

There was another thread started about snacks. I was wondering if you had any ideas for a snack that you could eat A LOT of, without much of a calorie/carb hit. CW folks have plenty of options, popcorn, pretzels...what about us? And please, don't say celery! Sometimes I just want to space out and bring hand to mouth, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Comment

Haha- I was totally going to say celery! What about pickles?

Today we've got eggs, coconut oil, some kind of salad at CPK, cherries, meatloaf, and asparagus. No exercise for me - have to much crap to get done before I leave on Friday.

Comment

cucumber

B homeade yogurt + STRAWBERRIES + whzy protein + 2 coffees with milk

L IF

S 2 hard boiled eggs

D chicken salad + walnut oil

carbs 39.5gr

cool, just seen there is a programme on current hunter gatherer tribes on the TV tomorrow night.

exercise : 5 hour hike

Comment

PJAP- The date, well... left a lot to be desired. I'm starting to realize he's actually a little rude. I'm kicking myself for forgetting my water bottle at his house a few weeks ago. I'm still hoping to get it back before I cut things off. Part of me is wondering if I really want the water bottle back that badly.

As for snacks- baby carrots? cherry tomatoes? I don't really snack anymore. If I'm really hungry I have an egg or some nuts, but I don't really snack in large quantities.

Jedi- What channel!?

Everybody's doing a great job so far. Keep it up!

B: IF

L: Survivor soup, some avocado and sunflower seeds.

D: I've got some veggies wrapped in bacon, baking in the oven. Carrots, radishes, squash, mushrooms.

I don't know what my carb count is exactly, but since I've got keto-breath I'm assuming I'm still under 50.

Comment

I'm at 43 carbs today.

Dethawed my hamburger in the fridge and forgot to put a plate under and raw hamburger juice leaked all down into my vegetable drawers. Ruined my cabbage, radishes, and asparagus. So pissed. So I ended up having hamburger, bacon, and eggs for dinner.

Diana- I hope you can get your water bottle back.

Comment

Diana, i think the programme is on TF1 at 20:45

IFd breakfast and walked down town to doctor's. need to increase my thyroid meds from 75mg to 100mg, this could be why i suprisingly regained a couple of kilos this past month.

Comment

DCKMB- OMG that sucks about the leakage! They couldn't be spared? I'd have thrown them in the crockpot and turned them into Survivor Soup or something.

Jedi- I just realized you're in France, so no wonder I didn't recognize the channel, and had to do math to figure out the time- LOL!

I'm trying to figure out how the heck my weight is going UP. For the last 2 days it's gone up. I'm annoyed. I think I've been eating more for dinner than I thought, so IFing breakfast might not be the best idea. I should probably IF dinner huh?

Since I'm not working today I'm going to IF lunch. I have no clue what I'll be eating for dinner, but so far breakfast is 2 eggs cooked on top of 2 strips of thick cut bacon, and a fresh cup of coffee. I woke up STARVING. I'll do the "official tally" tonight.

Comment

I am sore this morning. Glad my workout is lower body today. I overgrip my weights so sometimes I'll wake up and my wrists and knuckles hurt so bad I'd swear I have arthritis. MMMM here I come TIger Balm.

B: Omelet

L: IF

D: grilled pork chops with Georgia BBQ Sauce overtop raw cabbage with some Sesame OIl.

S: Sugar Free Jello

Carbs: 38

Trying to keep it low low low today. Got into the nut butter last night. It is a cruel mistress.

Workout: Legs and back, washing the dog, cleaning, general putzing around.

Comment

B IF

L bbqd salmon, lettuce and toms from garden and walnut oil

D omelette + mushrooms and diced cabbage, olive oil

carbs: 34.4gr

workout : 2 hours walk to docs and back, gardening

How is the job hunting going PJAP?

and how has your first week been, Diana?

Comment

Diana- I dunno if they could have been salvaged. They were soggy with hamburger juice and I was really grossed out by it. I didn't even think about the crock pot- that totally would have probably worked. oh well.

I am out of fruit and have no vegetables save for a couple cans of green beans so food today is eggs, canadian bacon, coconut oil, almonds, hamburger, green beans, and for dinner more hamburger and green beans.

Comment

Diana- I dunno if they could have been salvaged. They were soggy with hamburger juice and I was really grossed out by it. I didn't even think about the crock pot- that totally would have probably worked. oh well.

I am out of fruit and have no vegetables save for a couple cans of green beans so food today is eggs, canadian bacon, coconut oil, almonds, hamburger, green beans, and for dinner more hamburger and green beans.

Comment

Working...
                                X