No announcement yet.

Potatoe nutrition???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys eat the skins of sweet potatoes? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Originally posted by smerchant@plusd.org View Post
      If baked whole yes, but more often I'm steaming or sautéeing small (peeled) pieces
      37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Potatoe nutrition???

Never. They taste like dirty cardboard to me, not sure why anyone eats them. I don't eat regular potato skins either.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
          Nah. Supposedly less toxic than the skins of white potatoes but I still avoid it. It's the potatoe's only defense against organisms in the soil...
          JOURNAL..
          @BabesWithBBQ.
          Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
          Professional Style Website.
          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

I eat them both; earthy and delicious.

TQP: Caffeine and phytochemicals are tea's only defense against bugs, but that doesn't stop me!

M.

Comment

Sweet potatoes seem more nutritious. But russet potatoes fit my budget better.

Comment

Originally posted by premier89 View Post
                Sweet potatoes seem more nutritious.
                I disagree. Sweet potatoes have lower quality protein and more oxalate.
                My opinions and some justification

Comment

Nutrition wise, it's almost six of one, half dozen of the other. Except for VitA. If you don't get much A in your food, and liver disturbs you, the sweets would be better. Also, russet is a nightshade and sweet isn't, so if you have nightshade sensitivities, sweet is better.

I like Russet/other "white" varieties better purely for taste.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Sour cream, lemon juice & garlic mixed as a dressing (play till you get the right consistency, can add water as well) is yummy on a salad of potatoes, egg & spring onions (or red onions). Salt and pepper to taste (if wanted).

Comment

Like most everyone else, I'm also all for potatoes. They are delicious and have plenty of good things going for them even though they are not primal. I prefer white/regular potatoes to sweet potatoes but they're all good. The skins of potatoes (not sure about sweet potatoes) have a lot of toxins so be sure to peel them. All cultures that traditionally subsist on potatoes remove the skins.

BTW you can buy a 5-lb bag of organic potatoes at Whole Foods for less than the price of most regular potatoes! And that's another thing... potatoes are a highly pesticide-ridden crop so be sure to get organic. Sweet potatoes, though, are apparently very low in pesticides.

Comment

Working...
                      X