Which cuts of meat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which cuts of meat?

Ok, so I'm heading to the butcher tonight after work. Does anyone have an recommended cuts of meat to buy? I'm open to pork, beef and chicken at this point. My wife will pick up some fish while she is out.

But since we can have fat, etc as we see fit on this diet, I'm just wondering what cuts of beef people buy to eat primal? I love beef, so I'll pretty much eat any form... ground, steak, roast, etc.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Ribs are good too?

Comment

Organs!!!!!!!!
      .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
      ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

I'm not ready for that yet! How about meat for now? Still looking for suggestions..

Comment

Does your butcher carry grass feed beef? If you don't think you are ready for organ meat, start with beef heart.

Comment

Heart is an organ yes?

I'm talking ground beef vs rib eye vs tenderloin vs sirloin vs london broil, etc... Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by workinhard View Post
              Heart is an organ yes?

I'm talking ground beef vs rib eye vs tenderloin vs sirloin vs london broil, etc... Anyone?
              Other than the usual suspects, I like both the hanger steak and flat irons (top blade). Less expensive than some cuts (but don't overcook them.)
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanger_steak
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_iron_steak

Maybe try some brisket? You can find them with lots of fat but this cut takes more time to cook.
              Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

That's great Tom, thanks. I was hoping to find possibly some less expensive cuts... I love flat iron, and I can certainly do Brisket... Crockpot would work I think.

Thanks again.

Comment

If you aren't ready for organs (start with tongue and heart, give them a shot sometime), then +1 on the brisket.

Comment

Rib eye makes a great steak if you're looking to do some grilling and I love a good t-bone from time to time.
                    http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

ask for some center-cut marrow bones!

NY strip and sirloin are usually more economically friendly cuts for grass-fed beef. But Rib eyes.....those are damn delicious.

Comment

Flank steak and tri-tip are great for the grill and not too expensive.

Comment

ribeye and porterhouse!!
                          "The first wealth is health."
                          - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                          X