Question about dairy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about dairy

I hope someone else has had this experience because I'm just trying to verify my own.

Just eating standard low carb, I was bothered by occasional heartburn--sometimes more than occasional.

Since I started eating more primal and cut out all grains and dairy about 8 months ago, I realized that I've never had any heartburn at all.

On Sunday evening, I prepared an antipasto salad for dinner (invited a friend to share) and ate cheese for the first time in all these months (love cheese!). I also had wine (2 glasses), which I haven't elminated from my WOE but haven't had for a while.

On Monday, I had terrible heartburn. I had some leftover cheese again on Tuesday--and more heartburn.

I don't intend to go back to dairy at all, but I'm wondering whether that could have been the cause of the heartburn? (Would give me more incentive to avoid cheese:-)

Has anyone ever had a reaction like this?

I've stopped eating much cheese just because it doesn't taste good to me anymore - I still like it melted in omelettes but not just a chunk of cheese. Yesterday I tried a small slice of the 'good brand' we bought (because the store brand just tastes like salt and mold to me now!), and
    1. it didn't appeal to me
    2. I did get a bit of heartburn.

I hadn't made the connection between the heart burn and the cheese until reading your post, but I bet that was it

Comment

Yep, sounds like a trigger food for ya. Too much peanut butter did the same thing to me.
      "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Cheese gives me heartburn also.
        Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Comment

Wine gives me heartburn sometimes.

Comment

I drink a quart of goat milk a day, a few tablespoons of organic (cow) heavy cream in my coffee, some grass-fed butter and cheese (cow) and I never have experienced heartburn.

Comment

Might be that you are sensitive to cheese, but have a look at the packaging and see what ingredients is has. Might be something added to that particular cheese that is not in all cheese.
              My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

I abandoned beans, they gave me terrible heartburns, Cheese for some reason I can tolerate it fairly well.

Comment

Dairy doesn't make my stomach hurt but it does give me acne. Auto-immune reactions aren't always perceptible.
                  Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

dairy gives me acne too... and gas..... and it sucks b/c i love it and it assists weight gain SO easily
                    Get on my Level
                    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I quit eating a lotof cheese. I have some bleu and goat cheese in the fridge. I throw bleu cheese on a few things every once in while. I've found that if I eat a lot of cheese it tears up my stomach. Milk doesn't, cream doesn't, but cheese does. Never got heartburn though.
                      Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Thanks to all who responded! I thought at first that it was the wine, but when it happened a second time with just cheese and no wine, I decided that it definitely was the cheese. Since I try to be off dairy completely (and have been for about 9 months), this is just evidence that I'm better off without cheese!

Comment

Working...
                        X