Eating and Sleeping Times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating and Sleeping Times

Why is it that when I eat my last meal at 1 PM, I have difficulty going to sleep and time slows down? Is it better to eat at the night if you are going to eat one meal a day?

Low blood sugar can trigger stress hormones like adrenaline which make sleep difficult.
    My opinions and some justification

Comment

But this would be good for alertness and intelligence? Is this somehow related to BDNF?

Comment

But this would be good for alertness and intelligence?
        Possibly, but I don't think it's good for long-term health. Stress hormones are generally something to be minimized, unless you're actually being chased by a tiger.
        My opinions and some justification

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot View Post
          Possibly, but I don't think it's good for long-term health. Stress hormones are generally something to be minimized, unless you're actually being chased by a tiger.
          Low grade stress all the time is not what we are meant for... I tried keto, and IF both fuckin blew. I now follow 35F/40C/25P and eat 3ttimes a day or whenever I am hungry. My AM cortisol was sky high during IF... watch that

Comment

Here I am reading this post and going "why would someone not understand that being hungry will keep you awake?" and then I realized, "oh, this guy":
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...archid=6794283

Comment

Originally posted by ifguy12 View Post
              Why is it that when I eat my last meal at 1 PM, I have difficulty going to sleep and time slows down? Is it better to eat at the night if you are going to eat one meal a day?
              I wouldn't be able to sleep if my last meal was midday either.

You need to find a time of day that works for you and your body and your life.

Personally I almost always have berries with cream right before bedtime - works for me.
              What have you done today to make you feel Proud?

Comment

Working...
              X