I need a GOOD PRIMAL Breakfast!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a GOOD PRIMAL Breakfast!

Reading all the good suggestions about primal food I am still not sure about what you guys are eating for breakfast? Breakfast has always been an important meal to me and I would love to have your input and recommendations...

Bacon and eggs. Its convenient because you can buy bacon and eggs almost anywhere.

Also, leftovers from dinner make a great breakfast.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Eggs are always my favorite...Ive eaten them probably everyday for the last 7 years...never get tired of them...Also I agree with Bushrat..I either have bacon or left over meat from whatever my dinner was the night before...I also usually have spinach in my eggs as well if I scramble them.
      The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

yes I can eat eggs till the cows (or should that be chickens) come home. Scrambled with herbs and cream. Or just fried. With bacon. Or as an omelette with leftovers. Yeah, i like eggs! Ocassionally though I have a whey protein shake with coconut milk just so I dont get too sick of eggs!

Comment

I'll echo bacon and eggs. Cook the bacon first and then cook the eggs in the bacon renderings. I have it pretty much every day. I top it off with a glass of raw milk.

Friend: Nate aren't you getting tired of that breakfast.

Me: Are you insane?

Comment

I'm increasingly kinda over breakfast. Now that I don't wake up ravenous and dizzy with low blood sugar, I'd rather get on with the day and have something at ten or 12. So maybe a cup of black tea and a handful of macadamias if my tummy is grumbling. But if I do want breakfast, banana-almond-coconut pancakes are totally my fave.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen in Oz View Post
              I'm increasingly kinda over breakfast. Now that I don't wake up ravenous and dizzy with low blood sugar, I'd rather get on with the day and have something at ten or 12. So maybe a cup of black tea and a handful of macadamias if my tummy is grumbling. But if I do want breakfast, banana-almond-coconut pancakes are totally my fave.
              Visit karlmacphee.com! He's got some amazing primal recipes. He frequents this forum quite a bit, so you can ask anyone or speak directly to him,lol.
              Let me just tell you that his stuff is delicious. He's like a primal culinary master or something.
              "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Helen where do you get your almond, coconut flour from? I presume your in Australia? me to.
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

Thanks for that suggestion, Grappler. (Though, it's not so much that I'm over breakfast foods - though I did find that tricky at first - as much as I'm finding breakfast itself superfluous.)

Sarahz, we have a good healthfood/organic store here which stocks it, but also Coles supermarket has it in the gluten free/health foods section. Woolworths/Safeway is stocking a reasonable range of alternative stuff now too. But I try to support the independent shop when I can.

(Come to think of it, the Almond meal might have been in the baking goods section.)

Comment

Banana-almond-coconut pancakes

Thanks Guys for all the good suggestions. I must say that I do have a small problem with bacon after 20 years not eating meat. I love eggs and the banana-almond-coconut pancakes sounds like heaven. I am off to the kitchen....

Comment

So far my usual is eggs beaten together with heavy cream and some spices to make an omelete, various veggies cooked in coconut oil and sometimes some meat like ground buffalo or salmon as filling, topped with salsa and cooked spinach.
                      Not tired of it yet! And it only takes ~10min to make at most.
                      Eggs and bacon is another fav, cant go wrong there.

Comment

I wanna try mixing heavy cream into my eggs. what's the outcome??
                        "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

I do bacon, sausage, or other leftover meat, eggs, whatever veggies I can muster (usually mushrooms, peppers, and onions, spinach, asparagus).

This morning I had a mini hamburger patty, 1/4 kielbasa, 2 chicken breast tenders in Franks Red Hot, and 2 strips of bacon - it was amazing and I am just NOW getting hungry (that was 9 hours ago)...and to think I used to never miss a scheduled meal/snack or I'd have anxiety.

Comment

Hmm. I'm usually not in the mood for heavier foods (eggs, bacon, cheese, leftovers) until closer to lunchtime. My breakfast is almost always some concoction involving fruit and nuts! This morning, for example, I sauteed a sliced apple with some butter and cinnamon, topped with chopped pecans. Some mornings I'll have a bowl of blueberries and almonds with some fresh whipped cream or honey.

Occasionally I will put together a frittata in a cast iron skillet with eggs, heavy cream, spinach, and other veggies or some crumbled sausage would be good too. It's nice because I can whisk it all together and pop the skillet in the oven while I have my tea and take a quick morning shower! Gotta love multitasking breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrappler View Post
                              I wanna try mixing heavy cream into my eggs. what's the outcome??
                              Um, deliciousness! The eggs are just SO much smoother, not so lumpy, and a little fluffier. The trick is adding the cream just as the scrambled eggs start to clump up. Yum!

Comment

Working...
                              X