Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey all the trainers at my gym think im crazy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all the trainers at my gym think im crazy!

So today I went to the gym for my workout, and a trainer came up to me and asked what i was doing? I said what do you mean? He proceeded to tell me that I look a lot leaner suddenly,I told him I lost 10lbs of fat over the last month while gaining strength and muscle. Then I proceeded to tell him how,I told him i keep my carbs around 50-75g a day,eat lots of fatty meats and kept protien at about 200g. and ate a ton of veggies... He said I was nuts,anyone have any similar experiences? Also i tried there method of eating carbs and stayed the same wieght and BF for a whole year so I know the PB way works...I had him scratching his head for sure.. Good luck all.

I tried the PB for almost a year and I am still fat... sigh.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

It seems to be the prevailing belief that exercise is the best way to lose weight, and of course a generic gym-rat personal trainer would say that, it is in their interest to down-play the role of nutrition in health and promote exercise. Don't get me wrong, exercise is great for a host of reasons, but these dudes treat it like it's the be-all end-all of body composition. Oh except for protein. Protein protein protein. Gotta have that tuna, chicken breast and whey powder. Heh. Okay enough of that, I just don't see how people can miss one massive piece of the holistic puzzle.
      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

hehehe, if they asked me, i would tell them that i have discovered the super soldier formula.

"I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
          really? are you? in plenty of other posts you are talking about getting down to less than 10% body fat so I'm assuming you're way less than 20%. Have we seen any before and after photos of you yet? Are you really fat or just not happy with how you look.

Comment

Unfortunately, we must realize with these big chain gyms and personal trainers that there is a conflict of interest. I mean, what would the shareholders of 24 hour fitness think if everyone went primal, lost the fat, and realized they didn't need to pay 50/mo to run on a treadmill indoors everyday?

Comment

there is nothing more frustrating then watching my mom finally find the need to get healthy, but finds my method to be extreme and ridiculous. what does she do you ask? go to a gym where they have you do chronic cardio and the same old CW diet crap. so frustrating to see people refuse to accept that CW could be wrong. been trying to get the family to watch food inc in an effort to move them towards the proper lifestyle. I also can't handle the people, like my mother, that think an apple after dinner will counter balance all the macaroni, potatoes, and upside down pineapple cake
              sigpic

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
              Silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands
              With all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves
              Let me forget about today until tomorrow

MY PRIMAL JOURNAL
              MY PUBLIC FITDAY JOURNAL

Comment

Gyms are full of CW. Another one is that women should be doing light weights and lots of reps to stop them bulking up. LOL, whoops better make sure I don't bulk up by accident!! It makes no logical sense, but there is also research to show that in fact, in terms of fat loss, women get better results doing the same weights programme as men, adjusting the weight for muscle strength. In other words, lifting heavy. I mentioned this to one of the youngsters (i.e. trainers) at my gym and he didn't believe me. Unfortunately many of their female clients will feel pleased to be lifting light because they are afraid of getting bigger (i.e. gaining any muscle at all). Have you ever tried 20 reps x 3 in a gym? It is mind numbingly tedious. I found I had very little muscle toning doing this, but when I increased my weights and lowered repetitions I developed some nice muscle without being bulky. Basically my shape improved.
                My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Lol, how about the people who think a salad with negate the effects of a cheesecake or cinnabon?
                  "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                    Until I see photos I'm not going to listen to a dang thing you say, rph... I'm suspecting you've got a body image disorder. So put up or shut up! :P - I mean that in the nicest possible way... if you want us to take you seriously, evidence is required.

Comment

Lol, he's probably jacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen in Oz View Post
                        Until I see photos I'm not going to listen to a dang thing you say, rph... I'm suspecting you've got a body image disorder. So put up or shut up! :P - I mean that in the nicest possible way... if you want us to take you seriously, evidence is required.
                        He posted a photo in the thread where he is trying to live on 1000 calories a day.

Listen love, you are not fat, but you have a goal of less than 10% body fat. You won't get there by messing around with your diet. Also you haven't been exercising due to your injury, AND by your own admission you have had excessive stress with exams etc. All things known to increase BF percentage. You've been given great advice here from some experts but you won't take it. Go back and read some of the threads you've started, and more importantly, read the responses. Eat like a warrior and you'll look like one in due course. It doesn't happen overnight.
                        My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

Originally posted by jo View Post
                          It makes no logical sense, but there is also research to show that in fact, in terms of fat loss, women get better results doing the same weights programme as men, adjusting the weight for muscle strength. In other words, lifting heavy. I mentioned this to one of the youngsters (i.e. trainers) at my gym and he didn't believe me. Unfortunately many of their female clients will feel pleased to be lifting light because they are afraid of getting bigger (i.e. gaining any muscle at all). Have you ever tried 20 reps x 3 in a gym? It is mind numbingly tedious. I found I had very little muscle toning doing this, but when I increased my weights and lowered repetitions I developed some nice muscle without being bulky. Basically my shape improved.
                          I would agree with you. As a Man, I have experienced the same thing. I like having muscle tone but not big bulging muscles. I find that I do better with the CW of lifting for getting bulky,(lower reps, max weight) but I dont get bulky. For me, as long as I use proper technique (extend through the rep) I get the longer leaner muscles. If you cheat and only extend 70% or so, I think that is when you get those shorter bulkier muscles- and of course you can lift "more" when you cheat like that.

Comment

not only that, but heavy lifting is great for bone health...particularly of interest to women due to the prevalence of osteoporosis

Comment

Originally posted by jo View Post
                              He posted a photo in the thread where he is trying to live on 1000 calories a day.
                              can't find it. got link?

Comment

Working...
                              X