What's the hardest food you gave up?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the hardest food you gave up?

When I switched to Primal, for me it was Skippy peanut butter. I loved that stuff and I used to make an awesome peanut butter omelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Ew
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I haven't given anything up, just massively cut down on a lot of less-than-optimum stuff.

The hardest? My mother's home-made cakes especially fruit cake. But I have a couple of slices a year so i'm still happy.

Comment

cereal. ugh. now I want cereal.

Comment

chocolate. my tummy doesn't get along with chocolate.
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

I haven't given anything up. I eat certain things way less often than I used to, but if I really want pizza from that amazing wood fired place or some organic natural peanut butter, I eat it. unless you have a serious medical issue and absolutely must avoid a certain thing, it really isn't the end of the world to eat if every so often. hell, mark's actual primal blueprint diet calls for 80/20 adherence. so for every 20 meals you eat each week, 4 of them can be non-primal friendly and you can still consider yourself perfectly primal (by definition)

that being said, I make a point of avoiding wheat, soy, and veggie/seed oils about 99.999% of the time
            Last edited by not on the rug; 06-11-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Pie. Apple pie. Chocolate cream pie. French silk pie. Peach pie. Blackberry pie. You get the idea.

Comment

The only thing I have truly given up is making sourdough: bread, pizza dough and focaccia. I will occasionally eat some if i'm somewhere that has exceptional quality but there's no where near me that meets that standard so it's pretty easy to avoid.
                Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Beer, bagels, chocolate croissants, Japanese tempura and tonkatsu

Comment

Pizza. Who doesn't love pizza? I'd still eat it if it weren't a nightmare for my gut.

Comment

Pies and pizzas can still be on the menu, why can't they ? Make them wheat free, use a benign sweetener, etc.

Comment

Because of my specific circumstances. Ever made a gluten-free pizza with goat cheese? It's... man, it fucking sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Timthetaco View Post
                          Because of my specific circumstances. Ever made a gluten-free pizza with goat cheese? It's... man, it fucking sucks.
                          No, I haven't but I regularly bake some "tarte normande" with a wheat free flour (I make the "pâte brisée" myself - I believe it's called shortbread crust or something like that).

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                            I haven't given anything up. I eat certain things way less often than I used to, but if I really want pizza from that amazing wood fired place or some organic natural peanut butter, I eat it. unless you have a serious medical issue and absolutely must avoid a certain thing, it really isn't the end of the world to eat if every so often. hell, mark's actual primal blueprint diet calls for 80/20 adherence. so for every 20 meals you eat each week, 4 of them can be non-primal friendly and you can still consider yourself perfectly primal (by definition)

that being said, I make a point of avoiding wheat, soy, and veggie/seed oils about 99.999% of the time
                            +1
                            | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

Originally posted by smerchant@plusd.org View Post
                              When I switched to Primal, for me it was Skippy peanut butter. I loved that stuff and I used to make an awesome peanut butter omelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                              Even before Primal I knew that stuff was crap and only went for the natural peanut butters with no hydrogenated oils and where the solids and oils separated. That's natural for peanut butter and the kinds that don't do that have a ton of chemicals addd to them to prevent it.
                              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
                              X