What are your trigger foods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your trigger foods?

I've been doing AWESOME since Tuesday, not hungry, eating PB etc. Yesterday my calories were a bit low (1000), so I thought that I would have a little bowl of Almonds with warmed butter in the microwave as a treat. It's been a long time since I've had almonds. I also had a glass of red wine to go with it.

Well holy hell, the gates of snackdom crashed open. I ended up having that, some frozen watermelon chunks and a Sarah Lee single serve cheesecake.

My weight is up by 1.5 lbs this morning compared to yesterday morning!

What do you think triggered the snack attack? The weight/water retention?

I was at my daughters piano recital yesterday and was SO good, didn't have one naughty thing, tried to look at all the cookies, cakes and other goodies like they were poison. I was proud of myself for resisting.

What are your triggers?
    SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Cheese.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Home baked goods....I have no interest whatsoever in commercial baked goods, but when I bake something for my kiddos...oh man. I have a hard time resisting, especially if it is near 'that time' of the month.

Comment

+1 on homebaked goodies! Sugar cookies may be the worst! I'm starting to wonder if heavy cream is a new one, man is it good! and macadamias better not step foot in my house!

I'm pretty good controlling what I eat, but if I do make a choice to put something bad in, especcially if it has sugar in it then I start wanting more and more, I know not to even go there.(but I slip up once in a awhile!)
        Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
        Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Comment

Pancakes with butter and lots of syrup

Comment

I seem to eat nuts almost uncontrollably every two or three days. I can't decide if I should just eliminate them or try to develop the ability to an ounce or less a day. Thankfully, they don't trigger other foods, but they don't need to. I probably had a 1000 calories in nuts yesterday and under 2000 total.

Comment

Well, I'm wondering if it was the nuts that started the snack binge last night. And today, my joints and muscles feel really sore, which to me screams reaction.

For the baked good thing, I just don't make any here, but I buy it from vendors at my market for the girls. They LOVE banana bread and I bought them a mini loaf this week. I've managed very well to abstain, no matter how badly I want some. I know that if I had made some, the combination of the smell in the house and seeing the squidgy yumminess as I moved them from the pan to a container would do me in.
              SW: 235
              CW:220
              Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
              Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
              Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
              Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

The fear of having a massive binge is what stops me having 'cheats' like some people advocate.
                I'm the same as a couple of you guys though - nuts can totally set me off even when i'm not particularly hungry, macadamias and cashews are the worst i think.
                I've tried to remedy it by buying nuts that are in bags of a single serving otherwise i'd just stand with the bag and be unable to stop myself.
                There's got to be some science behind the nut thing surely, especially if others a re experiencing it too?

Comment

Originally posted by Max[imilian] View Post
                  Pancakes with butter and lots of syrup
                  this is your trigger food? .......something wrong with this picture!

Comment

Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                    Cheese.
                    +111111111111111111111111 raw goat to be exact....and cold congealed cooked ground beef(no idea why but i can eat it by the pounds)
                    Get on my Level
                    http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Boredom and...um...yeah boredom. I tend to find myself looking for food and feeling hungry when I'm bored. Otherwise I can usually just tune out food, even ones that I usually love to eat.
                      Calm the f**k down.

Comment

I stopped buying almonds: no self control, as I finish the whole container in a couple days (at most). Oddly, massive amounts of veges trigger a need for sweet (like a banana or something). I seem to do well on nearly meatatarian.
                        Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

I do pretty good until I get alcohol on board. Then my decision making skills and self control go downhill. I start craving every sweet, and I come up with crazy justifications for it. I can eat most things in limited form, even some of my favorite 'cheats' I can measure out a small amount, and have no problems with that. But give me a single drink, and all that discipline is out the window.
                          Erin
                          Daily Vlogs
                          Primal Pets Blog

Comment

ohhh alcohol too for me...cheese and bacardi....if i even have a shot i am a dancin fool and lose all 'care' about primal...
                            Get on my Level
                            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I found that the best way to eliminate trigger foods is cold turkey. I used to LOVE butter - half a stick a day. Then I gave it up one week ago. Thought I would have a little treat today, just one tablespoon, but only actually had 1/4 and had to stop... I was kind of disgusted. Didn't taste the same at all. I think I am done with butter for good! I haven't had nuts and cheese in months, so probably the same could be applied to them. I feel free.
                              .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                              ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Working...
                              X