a nice lil story from the farmer's market

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a nice lil story from the farmer's market

Last edited by alexa85; 06-02-2010, 05:49 AM.
    i will maintain the truth
    i knew naturally as a child
    i won't forfeit my creativity
    to a world that's all laid out for me
    i'll look at everything around me
    and i will vow to bear in mind
    that all of this was just someone's idea
    it could just as well be mine - ani difranco

LOL! Yeah, definately support your local farmers market as much as you can. I manage the one here locally that runs through to October.

I get goats milk to make soap with, and my suppliers are alllll drinking the unpasteurized stuff.
    SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

That's great! "Black Market" raw milk. If it's good enough for pedigreed pooches, it's good enough for us.

Comment

Damn I need to get my puppy some raw milk too.
        .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Anyone selling 'puppy milk' in Edmonton?

Comment

Have you tried the strathcona market? Mind you, right now the St. Albert Farmers Market would be the better choice as they have more vendors from the farm. Although, I don't think they start till after Canada Day.

I had a problem getting unpasturized when I was there (for soapmaking) because there are big corporations that are buying up stock to make yogurt/cheese etc and could no longer sell publicly as part of their contract.

Comment

I have not tried the SFM, but I will next week. I will make a sign saying "Looking for 'Raw Puppy Milk'" JK

Comment

*falls over*

Seriously? Dude. Get thee to the market. Take LOTS of money. The free range, grass fed, organic everything heaven awaits! Go early too because they sell out quick.

I wish I could remember the name of the one farm that goes there, but they are a family farm and have open farm days I think in August where you can take your girls there to run with the chickens, pet the rabbits and the other critters running around while they grill up all their handmade sausages. They also have fantastic grass fed yummy yummy meat. Grab a price list, they do in-town deliveries. I think there is a half sun symbol on their booth. I would KILL for a market like that here. I have to hunt down stuff like that here, and I run a damn market!

It's like nirvanna for wholesome foodie lovers.

Someone told me that they started one downtown across from Canada Place? There is also another one in the west end somewhere.

Comment

I've been there, but just haven't looked for raw milk there, sorry to cause you to fall over! It is a wonderful market, and yes, the St. Albert market is great as well.

Comment

I believe the farm is Sunrise farms or something like that. We plan to take the kids later in the summer.

Comment

wont belong long until the drug cartels start supplying raw milk to us food junkies
                      sigpic

Comment

lol, it's illegal...jeez, they dont even allow people to make their own health choices anymore.
                        "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Yep, when I get goats milk from my current supplier (I want it raw because it brings awesome goodies to the soap I make) she has to clearly mark the bottle "for soapmaking" because the inspectors will write her up and fine her otherwise.

Comment

wsx
                            Last edited by periquin; 09-15-2010, 10:57 AM.
                            Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

I am so happy in our state (Colorado) we are allowed to buy a share of a cow and then pay 'boarding' fees each month on said cow and obtain milk that way. We have driving co-ops or pay delivery fees depending on the farm you use, so I get to pick milk up weekly just a couple miles from my house. Love it! I tend to not drink the milk straight....but I do make raw yogurt, kefir, and whey with it and that is how I consume most of my dairy. I am probably going to try some cheese next week, not raw, but homemade at least.

Here is info on finding raw milk in your area if it is allowed to be sold in some manner. Some states allow it to be sold for 'pets', sold directly from the farm, or through the cow share type program. http://www.realmilk.com/where.html
                              Erin
                              Daily Vlogs
                              Primal Pets Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X