Water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water

I am currently drinking distilled water, O.N.E. coconut water, and San Pellegrino mineral water as my primary water sources. Are these okay, or should I be looking for something else?

I have been gradually converting from Korg to Grok and in my daily walks I always pass by a stream with fresh water from a melting snow pack (it actually snowed here just a couple of days ago!) Should my water source be this stream? Are there any dangers involved in drinking mountain stream water? Should I drink as high up as possible?

Thanks in advance,
    Grok (formally known as Korg)

ste.
    Last edited by periquin; 09-15-2010, 10:55 AM.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

http://www.lifesaversystems.com/unique.html

Interesting, great idea for travel imo.
      Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
      Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
      Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
      Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

I'd be careful about the snow if the area above gets any kind of animal or human traffic. If you do use it, boil it.

Comment

Originally posted by Meg-a-Tron View Post
          http://www.lifesaversystems.com/unique.html

Interesting, great idea for travel imo.
          Hmm, these are kind of expensive. I'm assuming they are worth it? I do not have any water filters of any kind right now, but I feel I should probably get something in case the Asians figure out it is in their best interest to stop buying our debt. ;-)

Does anyone else use water filters? For their tap water? I currently use unfiltered tap water to wash my food, is that bad? What filters would you recommend for tap water?

Comment

haha i drink tap or bottles...only source i have. i need to get a filter b/c my house water i puke back up as soon as i drink it
            Get on my Level
            http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Wow, you guys have some really bad tap water?? You don't even want to wash food in it? Yikes.

I've been refilling the 20L water bottle in my cooler with tap water for the last couple of years. It's yummy, I feel great, and the price is reasonable.

Comment

sxde
                Last edited by periquin; 09-15-2010, 10:55 AM.
                Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Why would you drink distilled water?. It is NOT healthy. Distilled water has no electrolytes (minerals) so you are creating an imbalance. And not primal in any way.

Comment

I drink tapwater, but usually find that it makes me thirsty?? Bathroom water tastes better than kitchen water. Normal bottled water has spent several years sitting in plastic - bleh.
                    Just ordered a filter for my bathroom tap so I can at least try filtered. One of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Water-...5243572&sr=1-3

I can't decide if it's the most important or most trivial source of pollution....

ETA - isn't coconut water packed with sugar?? Or am I presuming that based on fruit juices?
                    Last edited by NorthernMonkeyGirl; 05-30-2010, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Well, I'm in Canada, and I think we make all the water up here. Glaciers or something. So it's all good. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Primo View Post
                        Why would you drink distilled water?. It is NOT healthy. Distilled water has no electrolytes (minerals) so you are creating an imbalance. And not primal in any way.
                        I was wondering the same thing for the same reason.

Comment

yeah, i don't think distilled water is healthy either..
                          i drink bottled water in glas bottles, one brand is sourced from an organic farm in the UK, another from a spring somewhere else in the UK.
                          We also have a reverse osmosis system, and i drink that water too, plus use it to wash stuff in..

Comment

It's a nightmare. Bottled water is bad for the environment, unsustainable, and has either chlorination or ozonation byproducts in most cases; and often the source is questionable.

Tap water contains clorination by products and fluoride. In our case, the water comes from a river which has high levels of pesticide and nitrite runoff from agricultural land.

In some places there's industrial pollution, and in some, you get contamination by hormones. I'd NEVER drink recycled water in cities like London because their processing system doesn't remove drugs from the water, they don't recognize it as a problem and don't test for it.

Researching this (without much luck) I found some references to soft water (in Scottish cities) being linked to cardiovascular disease. Though the Scots smoke a lot so I don't know how good their epidemiology is.

And as mentioned, distilling removes all the minerals and that can be a problem too.

We are MEANT to drink water from natural springs, which has filtered for years through rock. Not an option for the whole planet, is it?

I take the 'variety' option - some filtered tap water - the charcoal removes most of the pesticides at least - and occasional bottled high quality spring water. Another option might be one of those filters that includes mineral additives; I've heard it suggested that a mineral supplement is a good idea when consuming purified water, though how often do they get the balance right?

Even putting in a rain tank here is of dubious value - the first falls bring loads of atmospheric pollution and it sits in a plastic lined tank.

Comment

"Tap water contains clorination by products and fluoride. In our case, the water comes from a river which has high levels of pesticide and nitrite runoff from agricultural land. "

I am lucky to live in a town which does not chlorinate or fluoridate the water. Our water supply comes from under Mt. Shasta and is fed by impermeable lava tubes. The water is wonderful, right out of the tap.

Comment

Working...
                              X