More Human than Human?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Human than Human?

So this is just a general Primal post. Maybe it belongs in a different section but oh well. Yeah I stole the title from a White Zombie song but it directly relates to what I'm going to talk about. In short, I feel more human than human right now.

I'm sure others have had similar experiences but I'm curious to hear it first hand. Since switching to primal, do any of you guys/gals have times where you just feel...different?

Let me explain. I just went to the driving range then to the gym while pulling a standard 16hr IF. I broke the fast with a glass of (slightly watered down) coconut milk, 3 pieces of bacon, 3 eggs, and then a glass of raw milk. I felt great during the fast and now I feel unreal. It's like I'm mentally, physically, and spiritually at peace/invincible. Like nothing could negatively affect me. It kinda feels like I'm "in the zone" except I'm not doing anything. This has happened to me several times since making the switch.

Anyone else have any idea what I'm talking about? Or am I just sounding like a lunatic?

I love this post. I dont think I could have said it better. Im not really sure how to respond, other than to say, youre not the only one feeling like this....

Comment

It certainly feels different at times yeah. For instance training while on IF, I might be a bit hungry before training, but during and right after. Not at all hungry and I feel great.

The grain induced cotton ball in my brain is long gone, that is for sure...
      Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

that's why i say it's an enlightening experience. IFing doesn't make us feel like zombies like it would your average person on a modern diet.
        "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

There are many times (usually at night during my post feeding/pre-bed routine) where I just feel like a beast. Unfortunately that feeling usually leads to me being unable to sleep... ... maybe I need to eat earlier... *shrug*...

either way...I love that feeling (I quite frequently have the same feeling in the morning pre-feeding)
          sigpic

Comment

Having studied and meditated on all that I have over the past 3 or 4 years, I find that I can't take civilization and its daily "problems" very seriously anymore. I don't worry. I would love to be stranded in a downpour somewhere, just for kicks. I just quit my job so I could spend the summer outdoors, painting and playing.
            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Nice XD
              "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

Originally posted by Primalchild View Post
                I would love to be stranded in a downpour somewhere, just for kicks.
                Ooh, that happened to me this winter. Came home so wet I had to strip nekkid in the entryway so as not to drip on the carpet. Sooooo terrific!

Comment

Haha that's how I read the title just like it's sung. More Hu-man Than Hu Man!

I know how you feel. Next time break your fast with a hunk of meat that you just took of the BBQ and tear it off the bone with no utensils.
                  Don't be a paleotard...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...rn-fat-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

Comment

...and now that song is stuck in my gourd.
                    Don't be a paleotard...

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...oxidation.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...torage-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...rn-fat-qa.html

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-you-need.html

Comment

Originally posted by chima_p View Post
                      Haha that's how I read the title just like it's sung. More Hu-man Than Hu Man!
                      I guess it shows just how old I am. I didn't think song title (1995) when I read the post title, I thought of this quote:
                      "More human than human" is our motto.
                      Tyrell: Blade Runner--(1982)

And yes, at times you feel pretty darned good.
                      Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by TCOHTom View Post
                        I guess it shows just how old I am. I didn't think song title (1995) when I read the post title, I thought of this quote:
                        Tyrell: Blade Runner--(1982)
                        Excellent movie - I wonder if it is remastered on blueray yet. I have it on a CAV laserdisc - ooops, now I showed my age as well.
                        Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

^^ Yeah I'm just a kid so no clue what ya'll talking about!
                          I was thinking I hadn't really felt like that, but the downpour comment flashed a light.
                          Just last week after a strenuous bodyweight/KB workout I got caught in a storm riding ma bike home.. Rain and hail was just pounding down on me and I was barely moving forward due to the strong winds, and while everyone else took cover under buildings I just kept on riding and started laughing thinking how fun it was..

Comment

I've only been semi-primal for a year, and I don't generally do the IF thing. However, once I year I do fast for Ramadan, which means zero food and zero water from sunrise till sunset for a whole month. It wasn't too hard before (you get used to it) but by end of the day, man was I exhausted, and hungry, and thirsty, and pretty much counting the minutes till sunset.

Since switching to primal, I had to fast last summer during Aug/Sep in the Arizona desert with 100F temps during the very long days, and my having to walk on campus EVERYWHERE! For me, that was what convinced me of primal eating. I felt so completely different than before, lots of physical energy, lots of "thinking" energy which is the hardest part about fasting, and I did not feel dehydrated or thirsty during the day. At the end of day, when it was time to eat, I wasn't that hungry, I was more "meh, okay, I guess I'll eat." I loved it! It was like I was superwoman
                            My art blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Roach View Post
                              Yeah I stole the title from a White Zombie song.
                              Who surely got it from Bladerunner!

Comment

Working...
                              X