Almond Milk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almond Milk

I've cut cows milk out for about a month now and I feel pretty good, don't really miss it at all. I was just wondering what all you Pb'ers thought about Almond Milk and does it fit in the Primal Blueprint?
    I'm learning as I go.

I think the unsweetened variety is fine. Of course, making your own would be optimal, but that can be time consuming. I prefer coconut milk, although it is much richer than almond milk. You could dilute it with water though for a similar consistency.

Comment

Homemade tastes 1000x better than the store bought kind.

Comment

I prefer coconut milk, since I'm not making my own (of either) and all the almond milk I can find is loaded with sugar.

Comment

I use almond milk (unsweetened Almond Breeze) in breakfast/protein shakes. Where I used to use say 2 cups of water, I'll do half water and half almond milk. I don't just drink it on its own, though.

Comment

Doesn't Almond Breeze have soy in it? We stopped using commercial almond milk simply because it has crap in it and we haven't found one that is just almond milk and I am too lazy to make my own. I do make my own almond and walnut butters though :-)
            My photography:
            http://www.swiftimages.net

Comment

I occasionally use unsweetened Almond Joy, but it does have a couple questionable ingredients: tapioca starch and soy lecithin. But, I use it so infrequently that making my own is probably not worth the hassle. I use coconut milk on a daily basis.

Comment

yeh i think almond breeze now has soy in it (BOOOO!!!)
                i used to drink some pacific brand that used to have no soy in it either until a few months ago. now i dont really drink any milk at all cept a lil heavy cream in my morning cuppa.
                "The first wealth is health."
                - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

The one I'm drinking is called "Pure Almond" by Silk. The ingredients seem ok unless I'm missing something. Only 60 calories a cup.

Comment

Working...
                  X