New study on Protein intake and fat/muscle/weight gain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TQP View Post
    I would be interested to see if what happens on a HYPOcaloric diet. Does eating mostly protein and much fewer grams of carbs/fat help skew the body to mostly burn body fat or would it still burn lean muscle mass at the same rate as the rate on a lower protein diet (but still with adequate protein)?
    YES. I would love to know the answer to this. In fact you literally took the words out of my mouth apart from the fact that I couldn't have phrased it so well lol.

Comment

New study on Protein intake and fat/muscle/weight gain

Originally posted by gdot View Post
      Well - yes - but you would have to account for the extra fat calories in that steak. In the study they use protein powder to up the protein intake - not real food.
      Yea i was joking.

Comment

That's interesting. Are unable to view the particular study details so unclear that they monitored the particular regular diet plans, yet I'd personally ponder should the team about the very high proteins undoubtedly decreased their own body fat and also crab consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by gdot View Post
          But this particular study would indicate that the excess protein intake in the subjects did NOT result in increased fat storage. Even though the overall caloric intake was in excess of need. This would, taken at face value, seem to indicate that the excess protein in the test subjects was simply expelled?
          It indicates, yet again, that "calories in / calories out" is a worthless theory.

Comment

Originally posted by KimchiNinja View Post
            It indicates, yet again, that "calories in / calories out" is a worthless theory.
            I see this result slightly differently: when one eats proteins, one should not look at it from the energy/ calorie POV at all.

Everybody in these forums know that the body fuels are glucose and fatty acids. If you really have to count calories, focus on fats and carbs only, ignore the proteins.

(Even then, this is just an approximation because proteins do affect the energy used for digestion much more than fats or carbs. Anyway, fuck the cal equivalent of proteins, it is ~ a useless number).

Comment

Working...
            X