Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow. Harper's got some nutrition article right for once.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I try not to judge especially cause that was me not long ago but it happens. Especially when I see organic vegan cupcakes or something. Or 100 calorie packs. Those just piss me off. I used to be one of those "everything in moderation" types and those suckered me in. I feel bad for others who got suckered in too. The people who eat those never look healthy.
    "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

Originally posted by TQP View Post
      Cold thermogenesis.

and no.
      I'm looking into this right now but if anyone could give me a primer it would be great. Does it have to be early in the morning, like in the place of my morning shower? Can it be after I get home from work? How long of a cold shower am I working myself up to?

Comment

Wow. Harper's got some nutrition article right for once.

@eig, I don't judge the persons doing anything. I judge bad nutrition advice given out by fashion magazines... I don't even know why they write them. We all know the girls who read them rarely eat. I know because I work in fashion and I feel that struggle to diet instead of eating healthy every day. I see a bad pic of me at an event etc and I am like "damn it I should fast the 3 days before an event"... Ugh. Everyone talked about how bad they were being eating fries on a Monday, 5 FASHUN girls from a reputable fashion magazine sharing 1 side of French fries. Thin and chic are used interchangeably. Smoking and cardio to keep the weight down is a real thing. :P

@j3nn, haha. Don't forget the shitty real estate prices...
        JOURNAL..
        @BabesWithBBQ.
        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
        Professional Style Website.
        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

I've been doing the cold showers for about 9 months -- after reading Timothy Ferriss' 4-Hour Body. I haven't used any hot water for showers. It is a little tough at first. FOr me the key was to just jump in and get past the shock. Even made it through the winter this year -- OK I am in California:-)

There are definitely health benefits -- I haven't even caught slight signs of a cold while doing this, and I also run around and bike outside with much less than others around. Ferriss pushes cold showers for their ability to increase your metabolism based on some NASA science or something. DO a little Googling for interesting facts in that area. I also think that cold water minimizes the effects of chlorine. I hadn't heard of the meditative benefits, and not sure I completely buy into that based on my experiences.

My family thinks I have gone off the deep end, but recently I also stopped using soap and even shampoo. Just use cold water for my skin and apple cider vinegar and baking soda for my hair.

Comment

Baking soda IS soap. You are just creating soap with your own body oils and fats. Lye and fat = soap.
            JOURNAL..
            @BabesWithBBQ.
            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by miata View Post
              My family thinks I have gone off the deep end, but recently I also stopped using soap and even shampoo. Just use cold water for my skin and apple cider vinegar and baking soda for my hair.
              Thanks for the info. So, at the risk of being blunt, you don't wash your armpits or private parts with soap?

Comment

@eig, I don't judge the persons doing anything. I judge bad nutrition advice given out by fashion magazines... I don't even know why they write them. We all know the girls who read them rarely eat. I know because I work in fashion and I feel that struggle to diet instead of eating healthy every day. I see a bad pic of me at an event etc and I am like "damn it I should fast the 3 days before an event"... Ugh. Everyone talked about how bad they were being eating fries on a Monday, 5 FASHUN girls from a reputable fashion magazine sharing 1 side of French fries. Thin and chic are used interchangeably. Smoking and cardio to keep the weight down is a real thing. :P

@j3nn, haha. Don't forget the shitty real estate prices...
                lol, actually had two tabs open, one was the thread the about judging peoples carts... the other was this one XD Im a tard...I'll go back to doing my homework now rather than trying to multitask cause we all see how well thats working for me haha!

p.s. thats sad about the smokes and cardio. Hope they see this and eat some liver.
                "...You sort of start thinking anything's possible if you've got enough nerve. -Ginny

My story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/i-now...#axzz2MzPtxo00

Comment

Originally posted by eig View Post
                  lol, actually had two tabs open, one was the thread the about judging peoples carts... the other was this one XD Im a tard...I'll go back to doing my homework now rather than trying to multitask cause we all see how well thats working for me haha!

p.s. thats sad about the smokes and cardio. Hope they see this and eat some liver.
                  Lol. XD nooo come back and procrastinate with us!!!
                  JOURNAL..
                  @BabesWithBBQ.
                  #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Oh and there is an overpriced paleo restaurant that is tasty in NYC. I forgot the name, but it is in union square. The dark chocolate with puffed quinoa and almond butter is amazeballs. They have mashed roots bowls topped with grassfed beef, almond flour bread (ewww so much PUFA), and cashew cream chicken. Pretty good food and an experience. All dairy free and grain free..
                    Hu Kitchen. Haven't tried the food but they have some nice coffee drinks you can get with coconut or almond milk. Easy to make at home, but nice to be able to pick up on the go.

Comment

Originally posted by dum dum View Post
                      Hu Kitchen. Haven't tried the food but they have some nice coffee drinks you can get with coconut or almond milk. Easy to make at home, but nice to be able to pick up on the go.
                      Oh yeah!! Thanks.

I thought most coffee shops in NYC have almond milk as an option now?

Siggy's good food makes a good almond milk chai tea, but nowadays I went back to dairy.
                      JOURNAL..
                      @BabesWithBBQ.
                      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by glorth2 View Post
                        Thanks for the info. So, at the risk of being blunt, you don't wash your armpits or private parts with soap?
                        Some areas get a good scrubbing, but just cold water. Also using the crystal mineral salts deodorant.

Comment

Originally posted by j3nn View Post
                          Soon liver is going to be as expensive as tenderloin.
                          Nah. There are tons of people who will never, ever touch it, believe me.
                          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Interesting is the cold shower parts about meditation effect, improved libido and fostered creativity is based on studies/research because I am doing it off and on and still yet to create a poem or fight with stress more efficiently It feels good at first but after you get some tolerance benefits subside imo. Refreshing though

Comment

Oh yeah!! Thanks.

I thought most coffee shops in NYC have almond milk as an option now?

Siggy's good food makes a good almond milk chai tea, but nowadays I went back to dairy.
                              I see rice or almond milk here and there, but soy is still usually the only alternative. I eat dairy too but would never pass up a coconut milk latte if the option was available. Almond chai tea sounds awesome!

Comment

TQP, if you're still in NYC when the SO and I drop by to check the place out, you will have to make me a list of places that are must-trys.

M.

Comment

Working...
                                X