Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the least offensive fast food chain ice cream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the least offensive fast food chain ice cream?

I'm talking mMcDonalds, DQ, Culvers, etc.

Just curious if it came down to it which is the least likely to contain the least amount of crap.

Haagen-Dazs. They have stores. Other than that, check their web sites, most have ingredients listed:

Home :: McDonalds.com
    Dairy Queen. Fan Food not Fast Food
    Birthday Cakes Cupcakes Bakery - Cold Stone Ice Cream
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Comment

If it comes out of a nozzle it's not really ice cream. You're better off going somewhere that scoops it out of a big container. Coldstone ice cream is pretty good.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Rita's, maybe. Hershey's is supposed to be "real", but I haven't vetted that.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          If it comes out of a nozzle it's not really ice cream. You're better off going somewhere that scoops it out of a big container. Coldstone ice cream is pretty good.
          Just looked at the ingredients for McDonalds and coldstone standard vanilla. McDonalds vanilla has less in the way of chemical additives than coldstone. Both use corn syrup though. And haagendazs isn't a readily available chain option for me. I'm in a smallish city.

Comment

If you're going to eat ice cream anyway (as a treat, so presumably not a huge amount at least for weekly calories) does it really matter?
            Depression Lies

Comment

Corn syrup isn't the same as high fructose corn syrup. Basically like cane sugar, more or less. I don't really mind it in my food.
              JOURNAL..
              @BabesWithBBQ.
              Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
              Professional Style Website.
              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Also, if you find the option, go for frozen custard.

omnomnomnomnomnomnom

M.

Comment

Frozen Greek yogurt ftw.
                  JOURNAL..
                  @BabesWithBBQ.
                  #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

McD'sVANILLA REDUCED FAT ICE CREAM:
                    Ingredients: Milk, Sugar, Cream, Nonfat Milk Solids, Corn Syrup Solids, Mono- and Diglycerides, Guar Gum, Dextrose, Sodium Citrate, Artificial Vanilla Flavor,
                    Sodium Phosphate, Carrageenan, Disodium Phosphate, Cellulose Gum, Vitamin A Palmitate.

Dairy Queen Vanilla Soft Serve: Milkfat and nonfat milk, sugar, corn syrup, whey, mono and diglycerides, artificial flavor, guar gum, polysorbate 80, carrageenan, and vitamin A palmitate.

CulversVanilla Custard Mix - Milk, cream, skim milk, sugar, corn syrup, egg yolk, guar gum, mono &
                    diglycerides, locust bean gum, carrageenan, artificial and natural vanilla flavor

I personally wouldn't eat any - but Culvers seems to be the winner here - the other stuff doesn't taste like ice cream and as I remember DQ didn't have enough milk in it to be called ice cream, they call it soft serve.

Comment

some of the components of cheaper ice creams make me very sad, some of them have no dairy and are just whipped up oils and unhealthy fats, once i read that i can't stomach them any more
                      I either make it myself or buy decent quality stuff (i.e. not fast food chain)

Comment

Here's what is in my favorite Hershey's (outrageous oatmeal):

Ingredients: Cream, nonfat milk, caramel variegate, corn syrup, water, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, butter, buttermilk powder, skim milk powder, pectin, mono and digcerides, salt sodium
                        citrate and xanthan gum, natural oatmeal, cookie crumbs, brown sugar, vegetable oil, coconut, canola, palm kernel oil, oat flour, bleached wheat flour, water, raisin, corn syrup, high fructose
                        corn syrup water modified food starch, cinnamon,molasses, salt, potassium sorbate and natural flavor, liquid chip, sugar, cocoa, processed with alkali, soybean oil, chocolate liquor, salt and soy lecithin, corn syrup, whey, mono and triglycerides, guar gum,polysorbate 80 and carrageenan.

Well, not touching that again.

M.

Comment

I eat ice cream only from this one place in NYC... their ice cream only has milk, cream, sugar, favorant (example, cups of expresso for their coffee ice cream, vanilla bean for their vanilla), and perhaps eggs.

Their vegan ice cream has almond butter, coconut milk, sugar...

I don't eat ice cream much these days, but when I do, it's coming from this place in NYC, or Amy's in Austin.
                          JOURNAL..
                          @BabesWithBBQ.
                          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

i totally don't understand this question, lol. if you're going to eat ice cream, why not just buy a pint of good stuff?
                            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Three Twins Madagascar Vanilla is all organic, has like 4 ingredients, and is freaking awesome.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Working...
                              X