Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the least offensive fast food chain ice cream?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TQP View Post
    I eat ice cream only from this one place in NYC... their ice cream only has milk, cream, sugar, favorant (example, cups of expresso for their coffee ice cream, vanilla bean for their vanilla), and perhaps eggs.

Their vegan ice cream has almond butter, coconut milk, sugar...

I don't eat ice cream much these days, but when I do, it's coming from this place in NYC, or Amy's in Austin.
    ever go to the big gay ice cream truck or shop?

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Three Twins Madagascar Vanilla is all organic, has like 4 ingredients, and is freaking awesome.

Sent via lightsaber
    I just saw this stuff in the store for the first time. it looked pretty decent. maybe i'll buy some this weekend

Comment

That's too bad about the coldstone. I thought it was real.

I used to work in a fast-food place. The ice cream we used for shakes was poured from giant milk cartons into the machine. If we got the machine cold enough, it would make soft-serve, but we made shakes instead. A layer of foam about 6 inches deep would form on top of the mix inside the machine. We'd have to scrape it off. Every night we'd empty the machine into a 5 gallon bucket and put it in the fridge. The next day, back in the machine. In that way, I'm sure some of the original mix from the very first day was still in there. Or at least from the last time health inspectors came. Because the shake mix never passed the health inspector's test. I used to have these shakes all the time anyway, you know, because apparently fast-food is so healthy and all.
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
        ever go to the big gay ice cream truck or shop?

I just saw this stuff in the store for the first time. it looked pretty decent. maybe i'll buy some this weekend
        Trucks | Van Leeuwen Artisan Ice Cream.

Their brick and mortar store is really close to me. I wouldn't go anywhere else for ice cream...

Edit: oops their vegan ice cream is:
        Coconut milk
        Cashew milk
        Organic Cane sugar
        Raw cacao butter
        Organic extra virgin coconut oil

annnd I can't find the ingredient list for their regular ice creams online, but I can't imagine it being crappy...if the vegan one isn't...

We make our ice cream from scratch in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, using only fresh hormone and antibiotic free milk and cream, cane sugar, egg yolks and the best fruits, chocolates, spices and nuts from small producers locally and around the world. We celebrate ingredients perfected by nature, not science.
        Last edited by TQP; 05-08-2014, 06:36 AM.
        JOURNAL..
        @BabesWithBBQ.
        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
        Professional Style Website.
        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
          Just looked at the ingredients for McDonalds and coldstone standard vanilla. McDonalds vanilla has less in the way of chemical additives than coldstone. Both use corn syrup though. And haagendazs isn't a readily available chain option for me. I'm in a smallish city.
          I don't suppose you have a Ben&Jerry's scoopshop then.

Coldstone Vanilla Bean: SWEET CREAM ICE CREAM (Cream, Nonfat Milk, Milk, Whey, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Guar Gum, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Mono & Diglycerides, Polysorbate 80, and Annatto Extract), VANILLIN AN ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, VANILLA BEAN SPECS (Water, Alcohol, Salt))

B&J's Vanilla:CREAM, SKIM MILK, LIQUID SUGAR (SUGAR, WATER), WATER, EGG YOLKS, SUGAR, VANILLA EXTRACT, GUAR GUM, VANILLA BEANS, CARRAGEENAN.

Also you know what you are getting from B&J's with respect to GMOs, growth hormones, and fair trade ingredients.

Comment

um, yum.

I want to eat all of them. and I really want to try the special flavors. especially the sweet sticky black rice and the salted caramel with buffalo trace bourbon

Comment

um, yum.

I want to eat all of them. and I really want to try the special flavors. especially the sweet sticky black rice and the salted caramel with buffalo trace bourbon
              They had maple syrup flavor or something last year. OMG.

I usually get the coffee and the hazelnut...1 small scoop of each, top with cacao nibs...sometimes I branch out.

Cane sugar and earl tea favors are good too.

JOURNAL..
              @BabesWithBBQ.
              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Thankfully, we have a local ice cream place that the cows are pastured from april to the first snow. Grass-fed milk and ice cream abound!

Comment

Originally posted by WeldingHank View Post
                  Thankfully, we have a local ice cream place that the cows are pastured from april to the first snow. Grass-fed milk and ice cream abound!
                  Gimmmmmmmeeee

We only have a grassfed burger place. That's about it. Boo.

The good thing is though...everything I tend to get dairy-wise is made in Brooklyn, so I can ask about the process etc.
                  JOURNAL..
                  @BabesWithBBQ.
                  #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

in Lawrence? what place? we have family and friends all over Massachusetts, and we'll be in Woburn and Burlington in june for a few days and probably swinging up to reading too.

Comment

Do it. It's some of the best vanilla ice cream I've had (vanilla snob), and you can't beat the ingredients list. I don't even consider it "part of my 20%" or whatever; it's just good food to eat after a workout when I'm trying to break a plateau.

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

Man, you city people get all the nice things

Just slop here in Suburbia.

M.

Comment

in Lawrence? what place? we have family and friends all over Massachusetts, and we'll be in Woburn and Burlington in june for a few days and probably swinging up to reading too.
                          Middleton,Ma

Richardson's Ice Cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                            Do it. It's some of the best vanilla ice cream I've had (vanilla snob), and you can't beat the ingredients list. I don't even consider it "part of my 20%" or whatever; it's just good food to eat after a workout when I'm trying to break a plateau.

Sent via lightsaber
                            nice. i'll grab some this weekend

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
                            Man, you city people get all the nice things

Just slop here in Suburbia.

M.
                            I live in the country. we do have nice local place that makes all of their ice cream on site. it's a good treat. not grassfed milk or anything, but decent. and actually the dairy farm I go to get my milk and cheese (right over the bridge in to PA where raw dairy is legal) is opening an ice cream stand in a few months. their product will be made with their raw, grassfed milk.

Middleton,Ma

Richardson's Ice Cream.
                            thanks buddy. i'll be sure to check it out

Comment

Yeah Richardson's! They sell it at my local movie theater. Good stuff.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

Come to think there is grass fed ice cream at the farmer's market; their cheese is pretty good, but the people working the stand kind of suck.

M.

Comment

Working...
                                X