What's your take on Energy Drinks?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your take on Energy Drinks?

They are so many brands, RedBull, Monster, Rockstar, etc...

Some of them are very low carb but the rest of the substances they contain I cant even pronounce... looks like a science fair experiment. Carnitine, Taurine, Guanine, blablabla ginseng extract, etc etc

I had a can from a friend, to see if it makes any difference and it DOSEN'T! Had just right before exercising... My friend swears and lives on them. Placebo? I didnt felt a thing, nothing different, but burps with the taste, that's it...

What's your take on these?

Tons of sugar. i wouldnt drink them because I get a sugar crash and caffeine makes me pee like a mother

Comment

Rockstart tastes the best. But has tons of sugar so its about as primal as wheat bread.

Comment

Really?

Quick Google search - Red bull at Amazon (you can buy anything there) - Red Bull Energy Drink 12 Oz. / 24 Pack Cans - $49.99. That $2/can!

Couple of cans and you can just about have a pound of grass feed beef. Or 2 pounds of chicken when its on sale. Or 4 avocados this time of year. Or 4 large apples. or 2 starbucks coffees with 1/2 and 1/2 added.

Which would you rather have?
        Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

Comment

My general take is that these are BAD juju... not even slightly primal. Too many weird chemicals. Even the chemicals that are vitamins, it's way easy to overdo them when they're isolated in this way.

Also remember that each person is different - what generates a great reaction in your friend might do absolutely nothing for you, and vice versa. You gotta try stuff out and find what works for you.

Comment

Sugar, fake sugar, more sugar, more fake sugar, caffeine, plant extracts, and amino acids, preservatives and some chemicals to make it not react with the can. Or you could drink tea/ coffee, eat meat, eat eggs, and get your energy by being primal.... I've made my choice....
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              ... and some chemicals to make it not react with the can. ....
              Ewwwww! Eloquently stated.

Comment

I would avoid them like the plague. On a regular basis I only ever drink water and tea. Once in a blue moon, I might have a Scotch or a glass of wine with dinner.
                http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

?????

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
                    I would avoid them like the plague. On a regular basis I only ever drink water and tea. Once in a blue moon, I might have a Scotch or a glass of wine with dinner.
                    Blue Moon
                    You saw me standing alone
                    Without a dream in my heart
                    Without a love of my own...

-Ella Fitzgerald

Break out the Scotch and the Ella.
                    ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

Comment

http://animalsneedkisses.files.wordp...009/02/cow.jpg

+

http://www.2blowhards.com/archives/k...id_blender.jpg

Go!

Or failing that, coconut milk. I like the idea of getting my energy from food, but you have to not destroy your metabolism with bad food.
                      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

To go with the Ella..
                        Strangers in the night/ two lonely people, we were/ strangers in the night/ Until the moment we said our first hello
                        / Little did we know/ love was just a glance away/ a warm embracing dance away...
                        Gotta love Old Blue Eyes...
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

Coconut milk would be my choice for an energy drink!
                          The more I see the less I know for sure.
                          -John Lennon

Comment

Lol. Did Ella drink Scotch?
                            http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

No, Ella was never into drugs or alcohol.
                              ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

Comment

Working...
                              X