X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its good, not crap at all man

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
      How'd you do up the nettles? Does the stinging acid get neutralized by something?

M.
      Nettles sting with the fibres on the leaves and stems (and roots, sometimes... ask me how I know...) that 'inject' the acid into your skin. When thoroughly blended, with no fibres intact, there's no sting. Same with the abrasive quality of cleavers.

Comment

Chlorophyll revisited: anti-inflammatory activities of chlorophyll a and inhibition of expression of TNF-α gene by the same.

I wouldn't mega-dose it like a whacky hippie vegan, but it seems like it's good for you.

Comment

If I take chlorophyll capsules all they do is give me semi-loose stool, that is green, and smells quite peculiar.
          -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
            If I take chlorophyll capsules all they do is give me semi-loose stool, that is green, and smells quite peculiar.
            This is the only thing in this thread that has gotten me to think I might pick up some chlorophyll...

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

The raw vegan community is overdosing chlorophyll for sure...
              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Also, after a few stings, a lot of people become unresponsive to nettle's sting. These days, when my hand brushes against it, there's no pain at all. I get the swelling, but it just tickles a bit for a few minutes.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  This is the only thing in this thread that has gotten me to think I might pick up some chlorophyll...

Sent via lightsaber
                  Do it, I've done it a few times over the years and it's always the same. I'd take 3-6 capsules with a meal and my bowel movements would always be a creepy greenish-black and have a very strange smell. Just like if I take a bunch of beef liver capsules (20-30) I will have HORRIBLE farts a few hours later.
                  -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Originally posted by ryanmercer View Post
                    Do it, I've done it a few times over the years and it's always the same. I'd take 3-6 capsules with a meal and my bowel movements would always be a creepy greenish-black and have a very strange smell. Just like if I take a bunch of beef liver capsules (20-30) I will have HORRIBLE farts a few hours later.
                    Yeah, that was definitely the lab-made stuff doing it to ya. That stuff is bonded to copper as opposed to magnesium in the genuine stuff and is supposed to act as an "internal deodorizer." And it stains EVERYTHING too. Even inside you.

Originally posted by Linus Pauling Institute at Orgeon State University
                    Internal Deodorant

Observations in the 1940s and 1950s that topical chlorophylln (laboratory-derived sodium copper chlorophyll complex) had deodorizing effects on foul-smelling wounds led clinicians to administer chlorophyllin orally to patients with colostomies and ileostomies in order to control fecal odor (23). While early case reports indicated that chlorophyllin doses of 100-200 mg/d were effective in reducing fecal odor in ostomy patients (24, 25), at least one placebo-controlled trial found that 75 mg of oral chlorophyllin three times daily was no more effective than placebo in decreasing fecal odor assessed by colostomy patients (26). Several case reports have been published indicating that oral chlorophyllin (100-300 mg/day) decreased subjective assessments of urinary and fecal odor in incontinent patients (23, 27). Trimethylaminuria is a hereditary disorder characterized by the excretion of trimethylamine, a compound with a “fishy” or foul odor. A recent study in a small number of Japanese patients with trimethylaminuria found that oral chlorophyllin (60 mg three times daily) for three weeks significantly decreased urinary trimethylamine concentrations (28).

Careful of copper toxicity though since you can get too much copper very easily.
                    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
                    X