Yet another Omega 3 question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Omega 3 question...

So this is my first post on this forum even though I've been lurking for like a year (sorry)
    ANYWAY it's about me having the runs, so isn't that delightful!

Omega 3 supplements give me the craps.
    I eat salmon like 4 times a week (which also kinda gives me tummy troubles but not as badly) do I really need more Omega's?
    Do you think cod liver oil would give me issues the same way??
    I'd really only be taking it for acne purposes, otherwise I feel fine.
    So ya, thanks!!

Originally posted by Spock81 View Post
    Do you think cod liver oil would give me issues the same way??
    Your condition may not be isolated to just Omega-3 oils. It could be the additional fat is causing your distress.
    Before you eliminate the O-3s experiment and see if it's the fat.
    Skip the O-3 and add butter or coconut oils and see if you notice an improvement. It could take some time to acclimate to a higher fat diet or you may need to find a more compatible supplement.
    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

I'd be interested in this as well. My roomate has the same problem, but he switched to a higher concentration epa/dha pill so he had to take less and that took care of it for him. We never did find out what caused it in the first place though.

Comment

I wouldn't think omega-3 would case digestion issues either. If you're eating a pretty large portion of salmon 4x/week you might not need to supplement. It depends on your omega-6 intake. If it's pretty low (pastured/grass-fed meats and eggs, low nut intake, etc), you can probably skip supplementation.

Comment

Well I've been on a fairly high fat diet for a while, I eat coconut oils (avoid dairy cause of acne stuff) avacado, fatty meats, nuts etc... it seems to be mainly the salmon stuff.

Comment

Working...
          X