Food additives complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food additives complaint

I learned several years ago that petroleum-based food additives set off my Tourette Syndrome, mainly the facial tics. These are annoying, so I avoid those additives. Recently I have been trying to eliminate dairy, and doing gluten along with it just to be thorough.

Today I looked up milk-derived food additives, and got distracted looking up specific additives in certain supplements I take regularly. I take salt tablets to help my neurally mediated syncope, so I looked up the ingredients.

What should happen to be in my salt tablets? Crospovidone. This is some kind of polymer. I can't find the source on the internet, but I bet it is petroleum. They also contain corn products. And then I found out that B-vitamins can be made from petroleum, too. So this might be why I have had some reisdual tics despite eliminating every petroleum additive I knew about.

Does anyone here know about crospovidone or B vitamins? I would like better information than internet rumor mongering, but I don't have time right now to do a serious search.

Liver and eggs and oysters covers your b vitamins. Burn those pills. What's wrong with normal salt?
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

A pharmacist might be able to give you more information. Maybe the/she can help you find supps without the problem ingredients...not sure if they can help with supps, but seems worth a try.
      Age 55, post-menopausal, primal since August '12 with some dairy, lots of seafood, following PHD and the 5 Leptin Rules. Taking ThyroGold, eating RS and zero wheat with great results. My Primal Journal

Comment

What's wrong with regular salt? The amount I need to maintain normal blood flow to my brain. I really don't want to put 2g of salt on my food each day, and swallowing whole spoonfuls is nasty.

Comment

Polyvinylpolypyrrolidone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

crospovidone is Polyvinylpolypyrrolidone
          My opinions and some justification

Comment

I thought salt pills burnt ulcers into the stomach. Not true?
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

No ulcers here. I have never heard of that. But then the ones I have been taking also have some potassium. Maybe that helps?

Comment

Working...
              X