No announcement yet.

2 weeks of PB - 2 lbs up, BF up by 1%

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ohiolopez. My carb intake is usually around 60-70g. My macronutrient composition is typically 60-20-20. I haven't been consciously trying to restrict my carb intake as long as what I eat is primal. I must pay closer attention to the carbs.

I'm 5'0' and my BF as of this morning is 27.5%, I do have quite a bit of fat to lose.

Comment

Hi maba. . .I haven't looked at your journal in a couple days--have you tried a week without your almonds yet? One thing that might help with that--I keep reading that if you eat one thing super consistently, you can develop an intolerance, so maybe taking a break will allow you to enjoy them long term.

Comment

Hi, Maba! You may very well be putting on muscle as you lose fat. I remember a time when I exercised regularly and while the scale did not change for 3 months, I lost an inch on all of my measurements. Muscle was replacing fat.

Good luck!

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
        Current weight: 199
        Goal: 145

Comment

Maba - a really great way to get a feel for how many calories that you are truly eating is to measure/weigh everything that you put into your mouth for 2 weeks -- everything! Use fitday.com. This will help tremdously. Figure out your BMR and factor in exercise and then eat below that number.

Ridding body fat can only happen in a calorie deficit. I would highly recommend some intermittent fasting as well. Hope this helps and tweet me if you want any other advice. I'm sterlingpurdy on twitter.

Sterling

http://sterlingadvice.blogspot.com
          http://teambeachbody.com/coachster
          sterlingpurdy@gmail.com

Comment

@Catalina: I must admit almonds are my vice. It's either whole almonds or almond butter I have to try to go for a week w/o them to see how my body reacts.

@Katt: I certainly hope that's the case but my scale says my BF has gone up too.

@Sterling: Yeah, that's what most have recommended before - to measure *everything*. For some reason I've been reluctant to do that. I thought sticking to the Primal guidelines would suffice. Will look for you on twitter.

Comment

Use the mirror

Comment

Working...
              X