Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No refrigeration, portable snacks that taste good and aren't jerky?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the suggestions! I'm all about the savory (not into sweets--even fruit--at all). I had forgotten about those little plastic "lunchkits" of tuna they sell. I could ditch the mayo pouch and crackers, and just eat the fish with the included (wee little) spoon. That could work.

I wish a bigger breakkie/lunch and fasting until I got home would work! But I'm nursing a 10-mnth-old (who barely touches a solid food!!), so my appetite is bigger than normal, and my hunger hits fast.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Comment

Originally posted by banananutmuffin View Post
      Thanks for the suggestions! I'm all about the savory (not into sweets--even fruit--at all). I had forgotten about those little plastic "lunchkits" of tuna they sell. I could ditch the mayo pouch and crackers, and just eat the fish with the included (wee little) spoon. That could work.

I wish a bigger breakkie/lunch and fasting until I got home would work! But I'm nursing a 10-mnth-old (who barely touches a solid food!!), so my appetite is bigger than normal, and my hunger hits fast.
      Before you buy, check to be sure the tuna isn't packed in nasty oil - I would suspect it is. You can find wee tins of tuna with pull tab tops for easy opening that's packed in water or olive oil which will save you the hassle of turfing the crackers and mayo, too.
      I would go for packing veggies personally - celery with almond butter, carrots, sliced cucumber, strips of peppers.

Comment

Oysters in olive oil are great if you can find them. You can buy them on iHerb. Just make sure you bring a plastic bag to put the spent can in. My mom and I took them hiking once, it was great. Interesting factlet - ants LOVE oyster juice. Weird.
        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Working...
        X