Dr. Oz sending bad messages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bob loblaw View Post
    He's not an idiot or a quack. He's a brilliant human being, heart surgeon, professor, and the host of an entertainment TV show.

Yes, his opinions on his show ebb and flow with his guests. He's the host of a talk show, he caters to his guests or he would rarely have guests. (Nobody gets on a talk show to be picked apart.) The fact that people watch a daytime talk show to learn about their health says more about society than Dr. Oz.

If you want a proper term to insult him with, I think "sellout' would suffice nicely.
    That's just his "schitz' He promotes what he can sell. at the time. One day will change from the next. Don't let his fake natives fool you. He has given platforms for charlatans like Gary taubes, and Sinatera/bowden with their cholesterol book. This guy is about entertainment.

Comment

I thought Taubes was legit? Or, at least as legit as any other paleo guy.

M.

Comment

He's not an idiot or a quack. He's a brilliant human being, heart surgeon, professor, and the host of an entertainment TV show.

If you want a proper term to insult him with, I think "sellout' would suffice nicely.

Nope. He's an idiot...and a quack

Comment

Originally posted by Artbuc View Post
          Dr Oz is all over the place. His main objective is marketing his brand and sellng advertising.
          You're way more tactful than I am. "Dr. Oz is a shameless whore who will say anything for ad money" is how I always end up phrasing it.

Comment

Yes, his opinions on his show ebb and flow with his guests. He's the host of a talk show, he caters to his guests or he would rarely have guests. (Nobody gets on a talk show to be picked apart.) The fact that people watch a daytime talk show to learn about their health says more about society than Dr. Oz.

I go with sellout too. A daily show has got to be filled up, so a lot of fluff content gets in there. The problem is that when he does talk about actual serious stuff it risks being diluted by all the crap.

My mom has fibro and at one point was taking over 20 advils a day and had developed a host of bowel problems as well. Anything I tried to say went in one ear and out the other since OTC to her meant safe. But Oz did several shows on Advil dangers and leaky gut and she finally started paying attention. She still takes the Advil but far fewer, she's been doing some gut health stuff, so for that I have to thank the great oz. But on the other hand anytime they talk about some supplement, she's off ordering it. Sigh...

Comment

Taubes is not legit at all. You only have the understarnd the ways he trys to misinterpet studies and withhold key ommisions. He uses the same style of sceince denial that
              was used by the tobacco corpororations.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnyard View Post
                Just read an article in Monday paper by Dr. Oz and Dr. Mike Roizen, stating that 'saturated fat makes you fatter', and the following final paragraph......eating only non-fat dairy, avoiding all red meat, sticking with lean, skinless poultry and fish, cooking with mono- and POLYUNSATURATED VEGETABLE OILS, and eating a handful of walnuts or almonds a day. They also state that saturated fat you eat adds fat to your liver and abdomen...unsaturated fat helps build muscle. Sheesh! These are people that the American public listens to and trusts!
                He preaches gospel to a large percent of people who sit at home all day and listen to the bile that comes from his mouth. Sheep sheep sheep sheeeep.
                March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis67 View Post
                  You're way more tactful than I am. "Dr. Oz is a shameless whore who will say anything for ad money" is how I always end up phrasing it.
                  +1
                  March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                  Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Comment

Working...
                  X