Cacoa nibs for primal recipes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cacoa nibs for primal recipes

What do you use to conteract there bitterness? Can they be blended into a powder and work similar to cocoa powder?

I've been using them in my smoothies.
    My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Coconut milk + berries + macadamias + any form of cocoa = awesomeness

Comment

unsweetened, dried coconut meat + raw cacao nibs = primal "mounds" bar
      Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

Yummy stuff. I usually do some kind of primal pudding in the morning and I alternative between cinnamon and cocoa.

Coconut milk
        Shredded coconut
        Hemp protein power
        Chia seeds
        Banana
        Blueberries
        Cocoa
        Stevia

Kind of a frankenstein creation but that's how I like it. There-is-only-so-much-animal-flesh-and-veggies-I-can-take.
        Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Its not a good idea to have any nibs before you sleep. I had a lot of trouble sleeping I think due to the caffeine.

Comment

If you use a coffee grinder strategically, you can make the liquor (non alcoholic, just called that). The champion juicer is recommended as well for grinding. I dunno how you would separate the butter from the nibs though. I haven't seen cocoa butter sold in stores.

Ideally I would make a primal Belgium chocolate, with either a fruit or honey as a sweetener, in small amounts of course. There is something called an emulsifier that is used, but its usually soy. So there has to be a better substitute. Butter and cream could be used, or tallow/schmaltz if its a meat dish. Also palm oil and coconut oil probably could be used for pareve versions.

Comment

Working...
            X