Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guys, the below can only lasts for 16 days if you go by the recommended dosage. Does everyone have 28g per day?

81Rh8cxn7bL._SL1500_.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by RedValkyria
      My daily quantity is very small due to the problems finding it, so only 1 tbsp a day. As soon as I make broth, this is going to become a gelatine-orgy. My stomach feels happy on it. I don't need any better feedback!
      How much gelatin does everyone take per day? Is 1 tbsp. low or standard? Just ordered a couple cans of the powdered stuff so I'm not sure where to start, as everywhere I check on the internet seems to have a different recommendation!
      Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
      Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
      Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
      F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Depends on what you take it for. 1T is okay if you are taking just for joint pain. I take 1/4 c or more daily.
        JOURNAL..
        @BabesWithBBQ.
        Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
        Professional Style Website.
        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
          Depends on what you take it for. 1T is okay if you are taking just for joint pain. I take 1/4 c or more daily.
          Maybe I should start with 1T to see if it makes a difference. I have joint stiffness and "cracky" joints so I thought it might help. The main reason I'm taking it is the "paleo" reason in that ancestral diets presumably included more gelatin. Plus all the pages of people talking about all the great benefits, why not try it?
          Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

F/23/5'9"

Comment

Depends on what you take it for. 1T is okay if you are taking just for joint pain. I take 1/4 c or more daily.
            Would 1TBSP be okay for hair?

Comment

Good lord! Why?

M.

Comment

• Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
                Good lord! Why?

M.
                Why not?
                JOURNAL..
                @BabesWithBBQ.
                #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by witsur View Post
                  Would 1TBSP be okay for hair?
                  It really depends. I think 1T is a good place to start.
                  JOURNAL..
                  @BabesWithBBQ.
                  #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Why not?
                    Touche.

M.

Comment

• because bananas and dates don't have gelatin.
                      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• @red: you can try, but if it's not cost-effective don't do it.

I personally take so much because it allows me to recover quickly from any minor lifting injuries and also because it makes my hair look amazing. I have very long hair, so this matters a lot.
                        JOURNAL..
                        @BabesWithBBQ.
                        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• I'd imagine only the new hair up at your scalp is impacted, though.

M.

Comment

@red: you can try, but if it's not cost-effective don't do it.

I personally take so much because it allows me to recover quickly from any minor lifting injuries and also because it makes my hair look amazing. I have very long hair, so this matters a lot.
                            Okay, yesterday I got second degree burn on my finger. Ouch! Not the same thing as lifting injuries, but I figured I'd start eating 2T per day to see if that helps the healing process. I will try to remember to let you all know if it helps, although it's going to be very subjective as it's not like I have a "control" burn to watch (and not feed gelatin to). Would love some nice looking hair, too.

F/23/5'9"

Comment

• Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
                              I'd imagine only the new hair up at your scalp is impacted, though.

M.
                              Originally posted by RedValkyria
                              @M, why only the new hair? Isn't the hair that's already grown impacted also by our diet?

@TQP: I want to encourage my hair to grow and look better. It's curly and very unruly right now, due to the water in this country (very, very hard), but it feels a bit better since I've started eating gelatine.

Now that I've a job, I can also be a bit (bit) more liberal on my expenses, and so I've bought enough gelatine to experiment with it and see how it impacts my body. I'm willing to expend more money if my health is positively impacted - particularly my joint health, because I sprain my joints quite regularly due to the hypermobility, having a pretty shameful recovery time... I guess the gelatine will impact positively on it...?
                              You hair gets dull if you don't have the right nutrients to support it. The hair near the scalp is indeed where most of the benefit is conferred by additional gelatin. However, hair will grow out to where that hair near the scalp becomes all of your hair in a couple of months (obviously)...and by then you have a head of stronger hair.

@red: have you tried shampooing less? It helps with unruly hair.

Joints: Yes indeed. I didn't even get sore with my recent car crash and I had a few GIANT lumps on my head from whiplash. The doctor warned that I would be very sore for a few weeks and I didn't feel any soreness whatsoever. I stopped taking painkillers within the first 48 hours (probably closer to 24 hours). No joint pain like I used to have as well. When I was younger, my knees used to hurt. I have no idea what that was, but since I have started eating this way I haven't had problems with it.
                              JOURNAL..
                              @BabesWithBBQ.
                              #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                                Okay, yesterday I got second degree burn on my finger. Ouch! Not the same thing as lifting injuries, but I figured I'd start eating 2T per day to see if that helps the healing process. I will try to remember to let you all know if it helps, although it's going to be very subjective as it's not like I have a "control" burn to watch (and not feed gelatin to). Would love some nice looking hair, too.
                                I haven't found as much recovery related to skin-related injuries, although a giant/deep gash healed on my knee within 3 weeks. Most of the healing I've observed have been with joints. I would love to hear about your experimental results!
                                JOURNAL..
                                @BabesWithBBQ.
                                #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Working...
                                X