Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, imaginary numbers are frequently used in EE... I agree chemistry and chemical engineering is far more interesting..

I hope you don't get bored to death practicing law though :-)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Patent law...mostly chemical engineering and biotech/pharma patents. So it shouldn't be that boring.
      JOURNAL..
      @BabesWithBBQ.
      Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
      Professional Style Website.
      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• At least you will get to learn a lot of cutting edge biotechnology on the job...

Comment

• The ULTIMATE and COOLEST gelatin thread EVER MADE.

Originally posted by tonydeluce View Post
          At least you will get to learn a lot of cutting edge biotechnology on the job...

Annnnd argue about it.

0:-)

Or shall I say

}:-)
          JOURNAL..
          @BabesWithBBQ.
          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by TQP View Post
              Ps on the flaky skin thing... Do you by any chance take hot showers?

If so, stop taking hot showers. Use colder water.

Your dry skin problem will go away.

I've had this problem. That's what the dermatologist ordered... And it got instantly better. My eczema is also triggered by hot showers... Which sucks because hot showers are my "drug" of choice (in addition to caffeine, fashion, and dancing lolz).

Edit: same goes for hair shininess. Use cold water. Esp for the last 30 secs of your shower on your hair/skin.
              OMG why didn't i think of herbal tea.... Good idea. Don't usually like herbal tea, but time to start looking for one I like!

I did not know about the hot shower thing-although I do notice my skin is more red and itchy after hot showers. I'm spoiled with hot showers & hate cold water though Will have to suck it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfi56 View Post
                OMG why didn't i think of herbal tea.... Good idea. Don't usually like herbal tea, but time to start looking for one I like!

I did not know about the hot shower thing-although I do notice my skin is more red and itchy after hot showers. I'm spoiled with hot showers & hate cold water though Will have to suck it up.
                Yeah. I hate cold showers too. Trust me though... You will notice a big difference within a week if you stop hot showers. Go as cold as you can tolerate. Then when you are about to exit the shower, turn it to super cold and blast your hair with it. Helps close the follicles and seal in moisture... Boosting shine.
                JOURNAL..
                @BabesWithBBQ.
                #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• water quality matters too -- the water at my b/f's house is MUCH harder than at mine and my skin always feels dry after i shower or bathe at his place.
                  As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

Comment

• I just found out you can't make jello with pineapples. I put pineapples in mine, and it never solidified.

Here's why:
                    Why pineapple and gelatin don't mix

Also, papaya, melons, kiwis and I think ginger contain the enzyme which breaks down gelatin.

On the plus side, it made for a great smoothie!
                    Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                    Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                    F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Great info Kathleen!! I was going to make piña colada jello...
                      JOURNAL..
                      @BabesWithBBQ.
                      #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Didn't read thread too busy (OR TOO COOL) but I add Now Foods beef gelatin to tea about 2x/week because I don't remember to do it more often. I also add it to almost every crock pot recipe I make.
                        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Breakfast. 1/2 scoop vanilla whey, 1T gelatin, handful frozen organic blueberries, 2ish frozen chopped bananas. Puréed. Topped with more berries and a few sprinkles of toasted coconut. Perfection.
                          JOURNAL..
                          @BabesWithBBQ.
                          #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• I've been resistant so far to supplementation but I may have to buy some of that greatlakes gelatin and start incorporating more of it into my diet to help with skin/hair/joint pain. I think I'll try the fruit juice gelatin dessert, it sounds fabulous. TQP I'm jealous of your breakfast.
                            My food philosophy is whole foods, simply and traditionally prepared. Food should honor your taste, health, and the environment.

Comment

• Last week I made panna cotta, but I was too stupid to take a picture. Anyway, it was 4 cups of coconut milk plus 1/3 cup of honey. Bloom 4 packet so gelatin (7 oz) in 3 cups of cold coconut milk, then and boil 1 cup of coconut milk with the honey. Add a drop of vanilla extract. Mix; pour into mugs. Eat later with strawberries and maple syrup on top. YUM.
                              Stumbled into Primal due to food allergies, and subsequent elimination of non-primal foods.

Start Gluten-Free/Soy-Free: December 2012; start weight 158lbs, Ladies size 6
                              Start Primal: March 2013, start weight 150lbs, Ladies size 6
                              Current: 132lbs, Ladies size 2
                              F/23/5'9"

26lbs lost since cutting the crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by kathleen View Post
                                Last week I made panna cotta, but I was too stupid to take a picture. Anyway, it was 4 cups of coconut milk plus 1/3 cup of honey. Bloom 4 packet so gelatin (7 oz) in 3 cups of cold coconut milk, then and boil 1 cup of coconut milk with the honey. Add a drop of vanilla extract. Mix; pour into mugs. Eat later with strawberries and maple syrup on top. YUM.
                                You know what would be really good? A strawberry gelee layer on top of that, after the milk layer has solidified somewhat Would look really pretty too, garnished with pistachios or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X