Eat What Every Day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat What Every Day?

In an effort to be excellently healthy (I haven't been so much so for a while) I'm trying to put together a list of all the super-healthy good-for-me things I should try to eat every day. Will you help me?

Meat is never an issue. I have access to pastured eggs, the highest quality meats.
    I'm planting my own garden, and should have an abundance of vegetables.
    I eat ample animal fats, butter and coconut oil.

Additionally here are some things I want to make sure I consume daily, even just a little bit.

Gelatin or bone broth
    Seaweed
    Turmeric
    Dark chocolate
    Pink Himalayan salt

What would you add?
    Last edited by Diana Renata; 03-25-2014, 09:17 PM.

In addition to your meats, eggs, seafood, and salt, I would add healthy fats, particularly MUFAs, in the form of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and avocados.

Comment

Red wine.

Comment

I don't know if it gets much better then what you listed. Maybe some Raw Keffir

Comment

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by Ketokid View Post
          In addition to your meats, eggs, seafood, and salt, I would add healthy fats, particularly MUFAs, in the form of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and avocados.
          I'm not big on olive oil, but I do enjoy the occasional avocado. I'll make it a point to eat them a bit more often.

Originally posted by bazzz View Post
          Red wine.
          I miss red wine! I work at a bar, so unfortunately I'm generally over my alcohol allotment. Sort of kills my appetite for it otherwise. (Hey, at least I know I'm not an alcoholic! )

Originally posted by garod82 View Post
          I don't know if it gets much better then what you listed. Maybe some Raw Keffir
          Ya know, I actually have some kefir grains that I've been wanting to wake up! It shall be done!

Comment

Fermented veggies. Frickin' daily.

If the chocolate is a daily thing, maybe go for raw cacao powder or "baker's" chocolate. Also, did you see Mark's recent post on antioxidants and using them intermittently, not daily?

Oh, and magnesium chloride oil. Yes, not a consumed item (though I suspect you could), but still a healthy daily habit for those looking for a bit of a boost to their health and lifestyle.
            Last edited by Drumroll; 03-25-2014, 11:03 PM.
            "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Hmm... I do need to get onto the fermented veggies. Ideally, I should make them once harvest season hits, but the farmers market would suffice in the meantime.

For the chocolate, I love Scharffen Berger 99% but it's hard to find. Green & Black's 85% is my go-to currently.

So what exactly does the magnesium chloride do? I'd been taking magnesium (citrate, I believe) but ran out. How's it compare?

Comment

Diana, take a look at these quick videos:

Magnesium Oil Therapy - Mark Sircus, Ac., OMD - YouTube
                Why Magnesium Chloride? - YouTube
                Magnesium - Oral vs. Transdermal Administration of Magnesium - YouTube
                Magnesium Dosages - YouTube
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                    Thanks!
                    Also, no horse pills to swallow and no laxative bombs to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                      Also, no horse pills to swallow and no laxative bombs to drop.
                      Do I miss out on the wicked dreams too?

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                        Do I miss out on the wicked dreams too?
                        No, if you use a high enough dose you sleep like a ROCK and those dreams are still there. But... It takes a little more since transdermal absorption is slightly slower (though still gets about the same amount in the end).

Comment

I see no tea on this list...shame!

I'd say a good quality tea, because tea is great

To take from your list, though, I'd probably default to dark chocolate because nom. Gelatin is also a good thing.

M.

Comment

mmmm, maybe
                            - some fruits
                            - some fish / shellfish / seafood ?
                            - a few nuts now and then ?

I like to vary my foods. Not everyone agrees. But the breaking down of nutrients is generally quite constant.

By the way, what is the deal with "pink Himalayan salt" ? anything magical about it ?

Comment

Not really, no. It has a bit of iron oxide in it, but it is otherwise just regular salt.

M.

Comment

Working...
                              X