No announcement yet.

What do you put in your coffee?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just started drinking coffee last month and still need a flavor added. I really like hazelnut flavored coconut milk creamer or coconut milk with a smidge of Stevia. I do indulge in Starbucks/coffee shops on occasion and that is where this new craving started. I try to support the local stores instead of Starbucks though. The only good thing about this new behavior of mine.
    :/

Comment

Sometimes black. Usually with a tablespoon of half & half (if I brought heavy cream to work it would get thrown out, but the half & half tubs are free and always in the fridge). Sometimes with Splenda, but I'm getting more and more grossed out by the taste lately. =P

If I'm hungry but don't feel like eating, I have it with a tablespoon or so of coconut oil.
      "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

A generous amount of coconut milk.

Comment

Black

Comment

I was a HWC junkie, but have switched over to Coconut Oil this week. Jury is still out, but I could get used to it! My one major peeve is getting the oil all over the top of my travel mug when I take it to work- bleah.
            With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

Coconut oil and a little whipping cream

Comment

Regular coffee: at least 1 T of heavy cream per 8 oz
                Espresso: hot water for an Americano
                Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

A crap ton of heavy cream, and a little NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia.

Comment

I might have to try coconut milk in mine. I was using heavy cream, then recently switched to coconut oil, which really does nothing for the taste. I would think coconut milk would give it a nice flavor.

Comment

heavy whipping cream and cinnamon. i either use half a packet of sun crystals or none at all. sometimes use vanilla extract. just depends on how i feel. i'm trying to ween slowly off of the sweetner. i was also a splenda junkie drinking three cups each with one whole packet in it and then having tea with more splenda later on in the afternoon. i want to try the pure stevia powder but read it tastes kinda icky in coffee?
                      i will maintain the truth
                      i knew naturally as a child
                      i won't forfeit my creativity
                      to a world that's all laid out for me
                      i'll look at everything around me
                      and i will vow to bear in mind
                      that all of this was just someone's idea
                      it could just as well be mine - ani difranco

Comment

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                        I might have to try coconut milk in mine. I was using heavy cream, then recently switched to coconut oil, which really does nothing for the taste. I would think coconut milk would give it a nice flavor.
                        I did this morning for the first time. The first sip was a little weird, but my tastebuds adjusted and I had three cups with healthy rich gulps of coconut milk in them. *hooked*

Comment

is that canned coconut milk or the type sold in coolers near the dairy products? (i've never had either but interested in trying)
                          i will maintain the truth
                          i knew naturally as a child
                          i won't forfeit my creativity
                          to a world that's all laid out for me
                          i'll look at everything around me
                          and i will vow to bear in mind
                          that all of this was just someone's idea
                          it could just as well be mine - ani difranco

Comment

Squirty whipped cream (UHT cream), whatever you want to call it. Normally in the morning, then black before workout

Comment

Before going primal, I always used to put half and half and spenda in my coffee - 1.5 packets because I liked it sweet. I first cut back to 1 packet of splenda. Then I tried stevia for about a week. finally decided I would never "get used to" the bitter metallic taste. No point in ruining a perfectly good cup of coffee! My partner induced me to try using rapidura ( a less processed form of sugar with a bit of molasses taste to it) which also ruined the taste of the coffee. Then I just decided I was going to use 1 tsp of regular ole white sugar to take the edge off the natural bitterness of the very dark roast coffee that I prefer. It's not really sweet (per my sweet tooth), but allows for a still enjoyable cup of coffee. Guess that tsp of sugar counts towards my 20%. I now use heavy cream instead of half and half.

Comment

Alexa, I can't speak for everyone but I am using canned organic Thai coconut milk. It took me awhile to acquire a taste for the coconut products but now I am going through them maybe a little too fast.

Comment

Working...
                                X