Asparagus Recipes - Share Them!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asparagus Recipes - Share Them!

Who else is excited that SPRING is nearly here?!

Well, the mighty asparagus stalk certainly is!!

I would LOVE IT if you would share some of your favorite spring time asparagus recipes... Feel free to leave them on the LINK UP at my blog, or just in the comments below!!

Asparagus: Aroused By Spring - GiGi Eats Celebrities

Salt, pepper, garlic & butter/coconut oil, roasted in oven 400F for 10-20 minutes depending on thickness. Simple, easy clean up, tastes great.

Comment

I just like it steamed as a side to roast meat of any sort. Simple and delicious.
      My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
      When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Marinated in olive oil and crushed garlic, then fried on a griddle pan; wrapped in prosciutto, baked until the prosciutto is crispy, then used to dip into soft-boiled eggs; asparagus frittata; steamed with a butter and lemon sauce; steamed with melted butter or steamed and dipped into home-made mayonnaise; asparagus and crème fraiche gratin ...

Comment

-Steamed and then tossed into a balsamic vinegar/oil marinade and eaten cold hours later.
          -Sauteed in butter and garlic.
          -Roasted with salt, pepper and oil.
          -Roasted and then tossed with a balsamic reduction with grape tomatoes (halved and had a chance to blister) and finished off with some quality goat cheese (my personal favorite.)

Asparagus is too good to complicate with too many ingredients!

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
            I just like it steamed as a side to roast meat of any sort. Simple and delicious.
            +1 Yum. I've had some recently and can't wait for summer

Comment

Grilled. Salt/pepper and that's all. Yummy!
              44 F 5'5
              SW 205.4
              CW 180.4
              GW 150

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                I couldn't agree more! This veggie pairs so well with pretty much everything!

Comment

Wash and trim the asparagus; put on foil-covered tray in one layer. Sprinkle on kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, then drizzle EVOO over everything. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Yum!
                  F, 44 years old, 111.8 lbs, 4 feet 11.5 inches (yes, that half inch matters!)

**1st place sparring, AAU TKD regional qualifier, 2/15/15 - It's damn good to hit like a girl!**

**First-ever 5K race 11/28/13: 37 minutes, 18+ seconds, no stopping**

Comment

Thick asparagus, cleaned and cut. Lay in a shallow roasting pan, drizzle with melted bacon fat and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle with coarse salt and pepper. Turn the broiler on and bake under the broiler for about ten minutes max (check it) until asparagus is cooked but still a little crunchy. Addictive!

Comment

Let me ask you asparagusians a question. Just how good for you is it? I like it but I usually go with string beans. My question is, how much better for you than string beans IS asparagus? Thanks!

Comment

Yummm, I just made some the other day!

I trim it, toss it in boiling water for about 30 seconds (just blanch it), then ice bath and re-heat in a pan filled with hot butter, garlic, and salt! So good!

Comment

Raw, baby asparagus straight out of the garden.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glorth2 View Post
                            Let me ask you asparagusians a question. Just how good for you is it? I like it but I usually go with string beans. My question is, how much better for you than string beans IS asparagus? Thanks!
                            Both Asparagus and Green Beans are very healthy! You should just swap them out for each other, just to get a bit of a different taste! They really do have a very similar health profile!

Comment

Asparagus seems to be the nutritional winner

Comment

Working...
                              X