Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How The Super Healthy Low Carb Paleo Diet Ruined Our Healthy and Sanity

Found this today:

How the super healthy, low carb/sugar- paleo diet ruined our health and sanity. | Get a Fresh Start

What are your thoughts?

This part was particularly interesting:

In Cassie Platt’s book Don’t Quit Sugar she explains- “Many people experience profound results through quitting sugar, particularly in the short term. Mentally, there’s increased energy, blunted appetite and noticeable mood enhancement. Physically, there’s seemingly effortless weight loss. What most fail to realise is that such changes are attributable to a state of cellular stress and consequent rise in stress hormones. For three months, six months, perhaps a year (this is affectionately termed the ‘honeymoon phase’), stress hormones can make you feel excellent, promotion euphoria and a heightened sense of wellbeing. But beneath the surface, stress hormones do exactly as their name suggests- they’re a stress on the body in its entirety. Prolonged elevation can break down body tissue, impair thyroid function, damage the metabolism and devastate the body physiologically.”

i think if i want to be moderate carb, i will. i feel fine on it.

i think if i want to be low carb, i will. i feel fine on it.

i think if i want to be high carb, i'll resign myself to constant false feelings of hunger and wonky periods

dietary trends are constantly changing because information is constantly changing, so just do whatever makes you feel good without expecting everyone to feel as great as you do doing what you do, because, every body is different

just pretend you learned that as a kid watching sesame street. every body is different.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

I stopped reading when she dropped the c word. That is flat out offensive and I'm not going to read that crap.
      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
        I stopped reading when she dropped the c word. That is flat out offensive and I'm not going to read that crap.
        Far from crap. It's a great read.

Comment

Oh boy, cussing to be rebellious. How ingenious of her.

"The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
            How extremely prudish and close-minded of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
              Oh boy, cussing to be rebellious. How ingenious of her.

she's not being rebellious, she's being uber pregnant

Originally posted by God View Post
              How extremely prudish and close-minded of you.
              it's not prudish or close minded at all, excessive and unnecessary cursing can be offputting
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                it's not prudish or close minded at all, excessive and unnecessary cursing can be offputting
                It's not the words themselves that bother me as the fact that they add nothing to her arguments.
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

it made me say 'what the fck'

i'm not sure what that means
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

lol

Comment

Careful! She might come here and start a thread with cussin' and stuff....

Comment

This was a lady who quit sugar and then took the next step and went zero carb.

She then blamed her health problems on quitting sugar, rather then going zero carbs.

The 'I quite sugar' book isn't paleo at all, allowing wheat.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

So in other words she read a book, took it a step further, got sick and has blamed the wrong person.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by God View Post
                          What are your thoughts?
                          I couldn't get past the first paragraph of classless, vulgar, self-entitled holier-than-thou rhetoric. What a boorish twat.
                          __________________________________________________ _____________________________
                          Eureka5280: M / 38 / 235lbs / Goal: 180lbs

Diet: Currently experimenting with higher carb (Peat-esque) primal with emphasis on beef, dairy, seafood, sugar and a bit of starch on lifting days.

Activities: Started Stronglifts 5x5 on 3/1/14. Adding sprints and hikes soon.
                          End of Year Working Set Goals: Squats-250, Bench-200, DL-315

Comment

I see a lot of ad hominem attacks and anger over her liberal use of foul language (of which, who cares, this isn't kindergarten - adults swear, get used to it) but nobody has addressed any of her points.

What's wrong, got nothing to say?

Not saying I'm on her side or anything, just that this is a person who did strict paleo and had negative results, I was hoping we could get some discussion happening rather than people acting like a bunch of 5 year olds because "that lady said a naughty word!"

Comment

they went low carb and felt bad, they should eat more carbs

and no one is acting 5 over swear words, she threw out the c word before a super serial health and info centric post. it'd be about like me saying 'all you people who bug me are twatwaffles, now here's my peer reviewed paper on the adverse effects of cocaine on lab rats'
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                              X