Critique my menu please..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique my menu please..

Desperately trying to get the scale to budge... This week (Saturday) I started paleo AIP plan (auto immune) and I cut dairy and caffine ...science experiment to see where I end up... I already know I was eating too many calories in the neighborhood of 18-2500 a day. Here's what I'm doing now...does it look good bad indifferent? Also since cutting dAiry I find I can go a lot longer between meals like breakfast to dinner without a problem...

Breakfast
    1 small chicken thigh (5oz)
    .5 tbsp butter
    2oz left over chuck steak
    1 tbsp coconut oil in decaf tea

Lunch 1 cup spinach with diced onion and 2 button mushrooms an garlic
    1 tbsp olive oil

Drank 38 oz water and another cup of tea liquid stevia

Dinner 8-10 oz rump roast
    1 tbsp olive oil
    Roasted mushrooms (3)
    Roasted onion (1/2)

And I stole a couple slices of gluten/ hormone free pepperoni from my kiddos (5 slices)

I'm getting 1390 calories 96 fat 98 protein 9 carbs...
    Should I see results on this? It's weird how much less hungry I am and I'm having trouble sleeping...

I would replace the chicken with beef or another ruminant
    My opinions and some justification

Comment

I'm going shopping tomorrow will pick up more steak and pork...I'm a sucker for pork chops.. I have about 20-25lbs to lose do you think at this intake I should see results?

Comment

What is your height/weight, how much are you trying to lose and what kind of exercise do you do?

Also, you are close to zero carbs -- that will be tough.

Comment

I didn't see any big ass salad Mark refers to, but lots of fats. 5 tbsp butter and tbsp coconut oil in one meal, without nutritional greens, or maybe a few blackberries. Some spinach for lunch,but absent was meat. Stevia is controversial, so no comment, on that. Your meat calorie count matched your fat. I would try meat, salad, then fat, in that ratio, add in some low carb fruits, like berries. Check out Mark's nutrition page. Key for me was bringing carbs down to 50g the day, go through carb flue and then weight just vanishes. Good luck
          Last edited by davdwallace; 03-10-2014, 04:33 PM.

Comment

You dont eat enough. Even if you are female and pretty small 1400 calories is probably not enough.

What you do eat looks fine, spinach, mushrooms, onion, steak, coconut oil is all decent.
            Chicken not so much if you eat lots of it switch to either beef or lamb.
            Many things are missing however, most importants are :
            -Vegetables like tomatoes, salad, all kind of green and colored vegetables
            -Fish
            -Some fruits
            -Eggs
            -Potatoes or Sweet Potatoes

So you arent eating enough and lots of important things are missing. Solution is easy, incooperate
            the above mentioned things and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by miata View Post
              What is your height/weight, how much are you trying to lose and what kind of exercise do you do?

Also, you are close to zero carbs -- that will be tough.
              I'm 5'5 158lbs I lift 2-3x a week heavy weights and was doing cardio but I'm forgoing that for an hour walk a day..

In regards to 5 tablespoons of butter lol it was .5 or 1/2 a tbsp

And I'm trying to be keto.. I'm going to add in some veggies at breakfast having a big omelette tomorrow...
              I didn't lose weight at higher calorie ranges I'm really trying...

I'm debating doing like an apple and almond butter for lunch? Then protein and fat veggies at night?
              Last edited by Redirish86; 03-10-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

1. Eat more, this isn't a diet. More meat, more fat, more veggies.

2. Ditch the scale. MEASURE instead. Attention Scale Addicts, part 2 | Everyday Paleo
                Sandra
                *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

I would say you are not going to have success on ketosis because you are:

-female, of a moderate weight
                  -younger ('86)
                  -lifting

Go higher carb low fat. Eat enough protein. Lift heavy. You will lose weight.
                  JOURNAL..
                  @BabesWithBBQ.
                  Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                  Professional Style Website.
                  #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Thank you TQP ... Can I keep my calories under 1500... Add in a sweet potato an a fruit a day?

Comment

Looks good to me.

Comment

Critique my menu please..

Originally posted by Redirish86 View Post
                        Thank you TQP ... Can I keep my calories under 1500... Add in a sweet potato an a fruit a day?
                        You can eat whatever macro you like on 1500, but I personally don't find much weightloss success eating under my basal metabolism level. If I were you I wouldn't eat below 1650-1700.

Drop your refined fats and eat whole foods. Yes add back in some carbs in the form of tubers and fruits, especially after lifting. Try 150-200g carbs lifting days. You can eat what you are eating now for rest days, but maybe eat more FOOD (preferably meats/eggs) and less oils/butter. Don't worry about ketosis. It's not magical for weight loss and is actually potentially damaging for females who are lifting. I know quite a few females who ruined their hormones lifting on ketosis.
                        JOURNAL..
                        @BabesWithBBQ.
                        #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

Hmmm perhaps I'll keep on.. Add more veggies in and see where I'm at in a few weeks then add in fruit? Excited my problem in the past is binging would this be an acceptable day

2eggs/onion/mushroom
                          1tbsp coconut oil

Workout

1apple
                          2tbsp walnut butter

Sweet potato
                          Pork loin w feta
                          Broccoli

Aim for 14-1500 a day?

To be honest I've been on Atkins for 3 weeks and haven't moved but eating as much as I wanted an loads of dairy..if I add a piece of fruit in a day will I gain a bunch of water weight..
                          Last edited by Redirish86; 03-10-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redirish86 View Post
                            Hmmm perhaps I'll keep on.. Add more veggies in and see where I'm at in a few weeks then add in fruit?
                            You can, but adequate carbs help weightloss and progress in the gym, contrary to the carbphobia around here.
                            JOURNAL..
                            @BabesWithBBQ.
                            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

I'm just wanting results... In theory I should lose as long as Im in a deficit correct? Adding fruit shouldn't make me gain

Comment

Working...
                              X