• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sed777 View Post
    Try less bold coffee
    And more cream.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Originally posted by betty74 View Post
      Is it okay to use stevia? I can't see that it is a problem as it is 0 calories, 0 carbs and natural, but I haven't seen it mentioned here. I use the liquid in my coffee and sometimes in my smoothie depending on what is in it.
      Really? Do a forum search and see 10+ pages of references to stevia.

I don't use it. I'll use honey or real sugar for certain things, but for the most part I avoid eating foods that needs to be sweetened.
      Sandra
      *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

im so torn on this now... i use a little in my coffee instead of sugar, but now i wonder if i wouldnt be better off having organic cane sugar instead.

Comment

Is Stevia Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

"We can think about stevia as a Primal sugar alternative with some potentially therapeutic effects. Kind of like cinnamon or turmeric, we don’t consume it for the calories or as literal fuel for our bodies, but for flavor, variety, and, possibly, the health benefits. It may induce insulin secretion, but it increases insulin sensitivity, reduces blood glucose (i.e., the insulin is doing its job), and does not increase appetite. It’s been used by humans for hundreds of years and by diabetic patients in Asia for decades. The goofy health food store dude who claims aspartame was created by Donald Rumsfeld to give us cancer may be a vociferous supporter of it, but don’t hold that against stevia. I’m a fan of the stuff and recommend it as a Primal way to satisfy a sweet tooth."
          http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
          http://ternioncrossfit.com/

Comment

There are several interesting studies quoted about Stevia here: SuppVersity - Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

It appears to be very promising on several health fronts!

Comment

It's fine but my crusade is to get y'all trying xylitol or however the heck you spell it.

About half the calories of normal sugar, actually protects instead of rotting teeth, entirely natural and no wonky aftertaste.

AC

Comment

Working...
              X