No announcement yet.

Does anyone supplement with Iodine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The form of vitamin k most used from the body (k2 which is actually more a hormone than a vitamin) is primarily derived from a fermented soy product called natto. If you are not eating it daily, it'll be hard to get enough of the right forms of k2 without a little, well, "outside help." And of course, I cannot recommend eating soy (even supposedly "safe"-which I debate-fermented varieties) on a daily basis.

Vitamin k2 plays in concert with vitamin d3 and magnesium and calcium. D3 makes blood calcium levels rise and k2 and magnesium work in concert to help the body use these elevated blood levels of calcium properly. D3 taken alone can lead to blood calcification because of Improper calcium utilization.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
      Vitamin k2 plays in concert with vitamin d3 and magnesium and calcium. D3 makes blood calcium levels rise and k2 and magnesium work in concert to help the body use these elevated blood levels of calcium properly. D3 taken alone can lead to blood calcification because of Improper calcium utilization.
      Yeap, this is why I started supplementing K2 daily, since I supplement D3 daily. Can't say I notice any difference taking it, but I'm happy knowing I'm avoiding any accidental damage from trying to fix my Vit D deficiency.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• I took the last 2 days off of iodine and will restart today. Going to back off to 1/2 a drop per day for a few weeks. Hoping that will help with the detox. Baby steps.

DH started today. I put 1 drop in a 20 oz water bottle and he will drink 2 oz a day. Will do that for a few weeks then titrate SLOWLY up from that. Hoping this begins a great start to better health for him.

Going to go out and find those herbs to make my liver cleanse and the vodka. Told hubby about it and when I mentioned the vodka, he was good with it. lol
        44 F 5'5
        SW 205.4
        CW 180.4
        GW 150

Comment

• FYI,

My DH Grizz was banned forever at Marks Daily Apple without warning & no explanation given.

If y'all want him back, you will have to plead with the moderators.

Renate

Comment

• Originally posted by Renate21 View Post
            FYI,

My DH Grizz was banned forever at Marks Daily Apple without warning & no explanation given.

Renate
            I for one do NOT want him back. He has hijacked any thread with the word "Iodine" in it and terms ANYONE who has a different opinion to his a troll. His so called "research" is not research but reading and he doesn't separate fairly serious work that he is reading from extremely dubious stuff.

I do hope we can now start a new, serious thread about MODERATE iodine use...

Comment

FYI,

Renate
              ...and that's called Karma folks!

Good riddance I say...hebs

Comment

FYI,

Renate
                You'll have to plead with Admin. The regular moderators have nothing to do with bans aside from cleaning up spam users.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by breadsauce View Post
                  I for one do NOT want him back. He has hijacked any thread with the word "Iodine" in it and terms ANYONE who has a different opinion to his a troll. His so called "research" is not research but reading and he doesn't separate fairly serious work that he is reading from extremely dubious stuff.

I do hope we can now start a new, serious thread about MODERATE iodine use...
                  Seriously, the long posts with pseudo-science type links were off putting and the fact that he was allowed to post so much on this forum raised some questions for me.

I did, however, get some iodine, kelp tablets, and Brazil nuts with a plan to supplement 2ish times per week. I do not eat most seafood (I know it's good for you but I do not like it) and don't add much salt to my food, so I figured an occasional supplement would help with the iodine I'm probably missing out on. Thoughts? Should I get lab work done first? I do have a physical scheduled soon anyway.

Comment

• Wow, I am surprised. I loved his links and the help he gave. I will miss his posts.

Sometimes things got heated between Grizz and others, but the others were just as much at fault with that. Can't have a one sided argument. I just ignored the back and forth and filtered through for the information I was looking for.

Will have to look for him elsewhere.
                    44 F 5'5
                    SW 205.4
                    CW 180.4
                    GW 150

Comment

• Personally, I'm glad I can read through threads now without being damned to the fiery pits of low iodine hell.

Comment

• I don`t know it is the right place to ask my question. I`m taking now 50 mg of Idoral for PCOS. I worked up my dose from week to week. Now I`m on the 50 for a few days. I started notice a new symptom on me, salty taste in the mouth. Yesterday I felt it onlz morning, but today I feel it nearly all they long. Really salty tase. What could it be? Is it a side effect from the 50 mg?

Comment

• Since Grizz, my DH was banned for life here at MDA, he said that if anyone had questions about iodine, he would be available at the Curezone Iodine Group to answer any questions. There are a lot of iodine experts there.
                          Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 416, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

I only take 25mg iodoral with co-supplements daily, but I don't know much about it, so I can't answer your questions,

Renate

Comment

• Thank you for your answer. What`s happened with Grizz? He helped me a few times here in private messages.

Comment

• I liked Grizz
                              Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
                              www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

• Grizz was banned for life, no explanation given because he was answering questions about iodine. Go back and review his posts to see all of the valuable information that he posted.

Iodine is clearly a censored subject here at Marks Daily Apple. Grizz said he is available at the Curezone Iodine Group to answer questions anyone might have.
                                Iodine Supplementation Support Forum by VWT Team, Page 416, Vulcanel, Wombat & Trapper/kcmo:

Renate

Comment

Working...
                                X