Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Worst Drinks in America

20 Worst Drinks in America 2010

Take a few minutes and click through these. Your level of disgust will grow a little with each passing image. I love the idea of setting the drink against the equivalent amount of junk food.

There is something really crazy about seeing a Krispy Kreme Lemon Sherbet Chiller sitting amongst 16 medium chocolate eclairs, or an Arizona Kiwi Strawberry (Vitamin C fortified!!) cuddled up with 7 (SEVEN!) bowls of Fruit Loops and trying to imagine how they could pack that much shit into one drink. Mind blowing stuff, to say the least.

I know that there are some monstrously bad drinks out there, but the top 8 made me realize I didn't really know just how bad some of this garbage is. I could eat a LOT of food in a day and be fully satiated, or just chug down the #1 worst drink in America and be done with it in 5 minutes!

And people still question where the high prevalence of diabetes and obesity stems from...
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

OMG, I tend to avoid most of those drinks, but once upon a time, I enjoyed MooLates when they first came out.

I've had a red lobster margarita too.

Holy crap, that lemon sherbert chiller, it SOUNDS like a healthy option (sherbert, is usually low fat/cal).

I'm floored at some of those calorie counts. People (including ME!) don't think of that when you're standing there waiting to get a treat.
      SW: 235
      CW:220
      Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
      Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
      Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
      Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

Wow...

I do have to take issue with the entire concept of the "Eat this, not that" franchise, though. When your diet advice breaks down to "Don't eat that sugar-laden piece of garbage! Instead, eat this ever-so-slightly less sugar-laden piece of garbage", you're not doing anyone any favors.

Comment

Back in my Korg days, I used to drink a venti iced quad whole milk raspberry white chocolate mocha from Starbucks on a daily basis. Today I am drinking a Bolthouse Farms Mocha Cappuccino. I kind of feel like I'm cheating by drinking these though.

Comment

Those are extremely exaggerated.
            .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
            ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

Auuuugggggghhhh.
              I couldn't make it through all 20. My teeth hurt

Comment

I do miss some Howling Monkey Cola though... with Quinine

http://www.howlingmonkey.com/

Comment

Actually I don't know exactly how many calories, sugar, or fat in this drink. But if you're talking about "the worst Drink" in America, you've got to count this one in. Have you ever taste Beverly Drink from Coca Cola which is sold in Italy? this drink tastes so bad and bitter. I've tasted it myself when I went to the world of coke in Atlanta.

If you don't believe me, go to youtube and type beverly drink, you'll see the reaction of people when they tried it, it's pretty amusing
                  Navy SEAL Workout
                  Top Fat Loss Trainer
                  Advanced Fat Loss

Comment

They're pretty negative towards saturated fat though ... check out this bit (from the #1 worst drink):

"In terms of saturated fat, drinking this Cold Stone catastrophe is like slurping up 68 strips of bacon. Health experts recommend capping your saturated fat intake at about 20 grams per day, yet this beverage packs more than three times that into a cup the size of a Chipotle burrito"

It's amazing what people believe when you merely add that it is recommended by some unnamed "health experts".
                    MikeEnRegalia's Blog - Nutrition, Dieting, Exercise and other stuff ;-)

Comment

I used to go nuts on those 99 cent Arizona drinks... so bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Lean Body View Post
                        Actually I don't know exactly how many calories, sugar, or fat in this drink. But if you're talking about "the worst Drink" in America, you've got to count this one in. Have you ever taste Beverly Drink from Coca Cola which is sold in Italy? this drink tastes so bad and bitter. I've tasted it myself when I went to the world of coke in Atlanta.

If you don't believe me, go to youtube and type beverly drink, you'll see the reaction of people when they tried it, it's pretty amusing
                        I've had Berverly, but I can't remember it. I know my little brother who grew up in Atlanta used to be horrified by Beverly, he must have tasted it at The World of Coke.

I happen to love the San Pelligrino drink Bitter, it's bright BRIGHT red, and is one of the bitterest things I've ever tasted (and I like chinese herbs) too bad it has so much sugar, it's bitter+sweet, too sweet actually. Loves me some Angostura bitters though. In some club soda- Made of Win!

Comment

Good God!! - only in America.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefferson View Post
                            Wow...

I do have to take issue with the entire concept of the "Eat this, not that" franchise, though. When your diet advice breaks down to "Don't eat that sugar-laden piece of garbage! Instead, eat this ever-so-slightly less sugar-laden piece of garbage", you're not doing anyone any favors.
                            Well said.
                            You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

No offense intended to the OP, but it's posts like this that are turning me off to this forum. It's no surprise to me that these drinks are full of calories and carbs. I doubt anyone that's looked at Mark's site for more than a week would be surprised by the nutritional data on these drinks. Sure it's great to think of how "virtuous" we are for our lower carb/real food ways, but, c'mon, what does re-posting an "Eat this, not that" page about stuff most of us wouldn't touch in the first place REALLY accomplish?

Comment

Working...
                              X