No announcement yet.

Is anyone else struggling with bread?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maba and Jostle...thanks for those websites. I bookmarked both!

Comment

I gave the cauliflower crust pizza recipe a try, but the crust turned out soggy and didn't come off the parchment paper in one piece without a metal spatula. Did anyone else try it? Have you been able to get the crust crispy and/or to stay together better?

Otherwise, it tasted delicious.

Comment

Maranne...I totaly get it about the voice calling your name from the bread/chocolate/wine! it practically screams!!!

This is my first week going primal...I had previously give up all but toast & peanut butter in the mornings. It was really hard to give that up as well, but after a week I'm doing well. I don't really have cravings, but I have to force myself to make something different for breakfast.

Good luck with all these yummy suggestions!

Comment

I've tried the cauliflower pizza crust and my first attempt came out soggier than I'd like... I got it down much better now... basically, you have to flip it and rebake the other side and it becomes much better.

Also, I find this other recipe a bit better than the cauliflower crust:

2 cups whole or part-skim organic mozzarella cheese, shredded

2 large organic eggs

2 tablespoons golden flax meal (optional)

2 tablespoons coconut flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Preparation:

Mix cheese, eggs, flax meal (if using), coconut flour, and baking powder. Spread with a spatula to 1/4" thickness on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees, flipping halfway through the baking process. Remove from oven, slide off of parchment paper, and flip over again onto the pan so the crust cools with the pretty side up. Once crust is cooled, top with sauce, pre-cooked veggies or meats, and cheese. Broil on high for 2 minutes, or until cheese topping is melted and bubbly.

Comment

Hey..good advice all around and great suggestions! Thanks!

I am back in Austria and living with my family for the time being who are not against going Primal per se but will need time to adjust to it. Austria is the land of bread and cake....so...I am having a major challenge at my hands!

So far reducing how much I eat in terms of grain is my challenge and I am ok with it for now. Until I have full control about what I eat this will have to do.

M x

Comment

My father's parents were Austrian, although they met on this side of the pond. And yes, I remember all those sweets and pastries she would bring to us when visiting. She only lived to 100 years and ten days. I think it was that nip of Southern Comfort.....

Comment

Oddly I haven't had many cravings for bread or pasta, except for naan...and grilled cheese sandwiches. I've definitely had trouble getting past cravings for cookies, cakes, in general the sweet baked stuff. It's especially tough working at a cafe that always has those sweet things in stock.

Comment

@ OTB..believe me it is difficult being a true Austrian and not eating any cakes. I know, I know...of course I can say no!

Where were your grandparents from? Did they leave Austria before WW1?

I have been influencing my family to adopt a more Primal lifestyle and I need to cut everyone some slack because I am in need of adapting myself.

M x

Comment

Working...
                  X