Primal diet and libido?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fyrespryte View Post
    Sorry if this is a strange question. I'm just starting out on PB and have been struggling with a lot of health problems, mostly malnutrition/hormone/neurotransitter imbalances.
    BTDT;/ especially with the neutrotransmitter stuff. you might want to have a look at some of the stuff in my sig line. Vitamin D at sufficient doses literlally saved my life. Treating anxiety and depression with amino acids, efa's, vites and minerals is also a requirement for my brain to be happy.

One thing that's been a major deal is the fact that my libido is nearly non-existant 99.8% of the time.
    Very often, this can be improved significantly with
    1)lifting weights - since it increases testosterone it tends to improve libido
    2)exercise in general
    3)sufficient zinc - supports hormone production, incl testosterone
    4)sufficient D and A - supports mood, hormonal balance and more (see all of my links below...the 'writings' link has a ton of info)

Originally posted by kimmie View Post
    I also agree with the pp. I read a similar article about having sex regularly regardless of desire actually ends up leading to increased desire.
    And this. Huge.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I am a male with the same issues your going through. I've been primal (actually I've been ketogenic after realizing i wasn't eating enough carbs) and I felt it exacerbated my hormonal/nuerotranmitter challenges. I think its too hard for the adrenals and liver especially considering compromised immunity.

Comment

If you look at this as a Advil "Take and Bam" thing, forgetit!
        what? bummer!! (I was hoping.)
        I'm a quitter...but I'm back now.

Comment

Same boat. Already decent libido, when I exercised more regularly I had a significant increase with no one to spend it on

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
            I'm a guy but my libido is going up and secondly I think I am becoming more attractive. By that I mean my ugly mug must look healthier or something or else its all the meat reeking from my pores but I am getting more and more female attention despite being covered in three layers of clothing.
            I have noticed this too. I have quite a bit of weight left to lose, and am getting hit on...(by men, in my case) kind of aggressively, on a regular basis, which was not the case before! I blame the tantalizing scent of bacon.

But yes, the libido thing- my husband is definitely not complaining! He hasn't modified his SAD much, but has mentioned noticing an upswing in his libido as well. Actually, what he said was, "I seem to be noticing breasts more!" in a tone of aggrieved consternation. Bwahaha...
            With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

I have noticed an increase in my libido since becoming primal, I think a lot of it is just feeling healthier and better about yourself in general, I have also noticed that I am more agressive with my bf, I wonder if it is due to more weight lifting maybe I am incresing my testosterone levels ? I think some times my boyfriend is scared ha ha! I seem to have become primal in the bedroom! Oh by the way when I say agressive I don't mean I am beating my poor other half up, he is not complaining!

Comment

Originally posted by Primal Diva View Post
                But yes, the libido thing- my husband is definitely not complaining!
                Seriously! This has been a banner week for us.

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I've always had a moderate sex drive that revs up a lot around ovulation, primal hasn't changed anything for me. But I think if you are having low libido due to hormonal imbalances, eating primal and high-fat can help a hell of a lot. It's very much a 'fertility diet' (for anyone, but especially for women who have infertility and hormonal issues due to PCOS).

Comment

Thank you all for responding. This has made both myself and my fiance feel hopeful again!

Comment

OP, by any chance are you below 60g of carbs? If you are try eating 100-150g for a week (trust me, it's not going to kill you) and see if it helps.

Comment

At the moment, I haven't started counting carbs, I've just been avoiding the foods to be avoided. I'm a student at the tail end of my financial aid, so my grocery budget is less than shoestring. I'm going to start keeping track this week. This is a problem that I've had for quite some time though and it's just been getting consistently worse. Looking back, I can see that I've not been getting nearly enough fat into my diet, even though I was never really "low fat." I was always a carb junky, pasta; bread; pasta; rice; more pasta. In a few weeks, when I get my next dispersal, I'm going to be restocking my kitchen, re-evaluating my supplements and purchasing more good oils/fats.

Comment

A year ago I have the same prob with you fyrespryte, I do eat more carbs and eat a 5 big meals per day, milk and have a 8-10 hrs sleep. But after few months seeing result I gained 30 lbs in couple of months. I rush to doctor again and ask for a diet pills or recommendation on how to loose weight coz I keep on getting big. And then he suggests me to buy resveratrol and lower the carbs and 2-4 hrs gym. Well it works and everything is in shape.

Comment

HealthyAt4n:
                            You're busted.

Comment

In a few weeks, when I get my next dispersal, I'm going to be restocking my kitchen, re-evaluating my supplements and purchasing more good oils/fats.
                              I have been doing this very thing and I am on a disability pension. Yesterday I tossed out the storebought salad dressings that were loaded with soy oils (even though I had just purchased them), am restocking with olive oil (extra virgin and light) and unsalted organic butter and at the end of this week I am headed to my local health food store for coconut oil and a few other things because they just put a 'Save $25.00 when you purchase $100.00 of products' from them coupon in my mailbox. The coupon came at a perfect time.

Comment

Oh it's gone up baby~~ lol I am a true wild woman

Comment

Working...
                                X