grok was no skinny b*tch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grok was no skinny b*tch

I passed by the "skinny bitch" series at the bookstore, was curious and browsed through it. In one chapter they were discussing how raw fruits are so good for you (i am not denying that, read on). They are described as happy little nutritional packets of awesomeness full of vitamins, minerals, water, nutrients, phytonutrients, antioxidants & enzymes. But then they suggest that you eat fruit alone, without anything else b/c if you don't the enzymes in the fruit won't be able to help us digest the fruit sugars and they will then putrify in our systems & create toxins. The best part was the following recommendation for regular "purifying" enemas.

uh...can you imagine the petrogylphs of THAT?!! hahahaha I think my system is doing FINE removing the needed toxins from my system as a PB subscriber. I sincerely doubt Grok was out there flushing his colon.

gross.

I totally agree, what rubbish the book should be called "miserable bitch"! well I would be if I had to eat vegan fake meat.

Comment

Lol, no doubt! I never really understood why someone would want to be called a b*tch anyway, be it fat or skinny!
      Now and then it is good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and just be happy.

Comment

I made the mistake of picking one of those books up, and leafing through it. Their "skinny bastard" book had a unique rhetorical style- insult the manhood of anyone who won't go vegan. i.e." You're not a real man, and you're going to die fat, ugly, and smelly if you don't do was we say, and we're hot women, so we know." Sprinkled with an assortment of the usual vegan propaganda, and untruths. I read a funny review of it online which contrasted the rhetoric being used in the book with the sorts of things the "pro-ana" folks use, and say. (pro-anorexia.) The obsession with "toxins", "detox", fasting, enemas, "cleanses", and so on, is one of my first warning bells when it comes to nutritional quackery.

Those skinny bitches don't know shit.

(I already done went down their vegan rabbit hole, and it sucked.)

Comment

Also, the authors seem pretty unpleasant.

Comment

For those that don't want to be called bitch, they can take up the 'kind' diet. *your eyes are so bright!* . Yes, Alicia Silverstone, I am laughing at you.
            I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

Yeah, I have read it, and saw it for what it was: a weird, somewhat abusive, vegan indoctrination tool. Anything that recommends that amount of processed soy "meat" products is completely (soy) nuts!

I think the title is supposed to connote the jealous remarks of the populace after you switch to their meat-free religion. These ladies appear to confuse "telling it like it is" and "not sugarcoating the issue" with "using a lot of profanity." I just assumed that having to eat soy cheese was making them cranky.
              With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

Me neither!

Comment

I like to think both that a grokette (or grok) would not be caught dead doing such things and that the grokettes would not be "skinny" either. They would have healthy, muscular bodies with enough fat to properly bear and care for children. Fuck heroin chic skinny.
                  Last edited by Funkadelic Flash; 05-20-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

(aprilleigh)

Comment

Haha, pretty much PrimalDiva.

When I was looking through the 'skinny bastard' book, I kept looking for pictures of the authors, or of guys who'd followed the recommended program, it wasn't until I looked on the back that I noticed that they were both women, and were recommending something to men that had absolutely no proof of it working for men. (One of their names is like "pat" or something that could vaugely be a man's name.) They kept insulting the manhood of men who wouldn't give up meat, while promoting an incredibily anti-testosterone program.

Comment

lol @Funkadelic Flash
                        Fuck heroin chic skinny.
                        grokettes would not be "skinny" either. They would have healthy, muscular bodies with enough body fat to properly bear and care for children.
                        awesome, i'm taking this to the bank!

Comment

Originally posted by DarthFriendly View Post
                          The obsession with "toxins", "detox", fasting, enemas, "cleanses", and so on, is one of my first warning bells when it comes to nutritional quackery.
                          )
                          Reminds me of a book I purchases a few years back when I began this journey, it was called The Body Ecology Diet, talk about a person with an agenda!
                          You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

"Reminds me of a book I purchases a few years back when I began this journey, it was called The Body Ecology Diet, talk about a person with an agenda!"

I love the BED books. It's mostly very primal. No sugar, protein, plants...the only grains she 'allows' are quinoa, millet, buckwheat and amaranth. Non sweet fruits. Its really pretty primal. There is a restaurant in Atlanta that does BED and 'regular' food. It's awesome.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I'm reading The Whole Soy Story. They would probably explode if the authors read this. Its researched as well as Good Calories Bad Calories.
                              My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

Working...
                              X