But i love my raw milk......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But i love my raw milk......

Okay, I read the book and have been primal for sometime and doing well...I do drink "RAW MILK" I have been doing so for almost a year, it is so good and full of vitamins and minerals ect....when I see that we should drink less milk or no milk, I am wondering why....is it commercial dead milk that we are talking about? Also I make butter from the raw cream and it goes on just about everything. Is it because it's not primal enough? if so, do we really know that our caveman ancestors didn't drink it, I know that my most recent ancestors did. I also believe in the Weston Price theory too, there were very healthy civilizations that mostly consumed their dairy products as their main foods, they thrived on it and were very strong, people. I think it has to be what works for us as individuals, we are all different. Just wondering if there is anyone else who questions the "RAW MILK" in the primal diet. RAW MILK and COMMERCIAL DEAD MILK are not the same.

Annie

I still do raw cream, 1 pint a week. I get a half gallon of raw milk every month or so, to make yogurt.

I will not stop. It makes me happy, and I used to drink about a 1/2 gallon of milk A DAY pre-PB. So uh, Im doing much better. Hehe.

I know milk has about 12g sugar per cup though, so I think that may be a worry. Also, some people are intolerant to milk on a low level as well. I cut dairy for 2 weeks then drank it again just to see. Im am SO tolerant... whew!
    Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

Comment

There's absolutely nothing wrong with drinking raw milk. If you're worried about the sugar, drink it around a workout or in the morning.

In my opinion the benefits outweigh any "negative" of the sugar in the raw milk.
      sigpic
      In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

Comment

Right on................that is what I needed to hear. I did go off it a couple of different times to see if it made a difference in anything, I found that I can totally tolerate it too and have not gained weight by drinking it, matter of fact, I have done very well with my weight loss since drinking it, it fills me up and instead of reaching for something far more worse I will sip a 1/2 glass of Raw Milk and be totally satisfied......but am I bad because it is not primal enough? or I am not totally following the PB plan...

Annie
        Last edited by Annie1962; 05-20-2010, 08:46 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

Dairy affects different people differently. If it doesn't give you any problems, drink it.

Comment

Consider yourself lucky. I would love to be able to include more dairy in my diet. drink up.
            sigpic

Comment

In my research on "Raw Milk" people who are lactose intolerant can usually drink "Raw Cow's Milk" it has the enzymes in it that digest the Lactose, which pasteurized dead milk does not, I absolutely love the fresh taste of Raw Milk and am so fortunate to not have any problems with it.

Comment

The only issue that I take with raw milk is that it's carby and I try to keep my carbs as low as possible. I'm not allergic to it at all, but anything that resembles a carb source gets cut out of my diet sooner or later.
                http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Hi Daemonized ,

How does that work for you cutting out anything that resembles a carb source, are you staying around the 50-100g amount? Just wondering, I am new to this and a bit afraid of going that low, low.....I guess I have that SAD brainwashing...... I do manage to stay under the 100g amount which is a 100x's better that I used to be.

Annie

Comment

Raw milk is apparently healthy and not problematic for people with lactose intolerance due to the lactobacteria and other little buggers. Pasteurized milk on the other hand is terrible. Even if it's organic it's still garbage.

There's also the issue of casein. I don't know how milk being raw resolves the casein issue if at all so an intolerance test would be a good idea.
                    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Annie1962 View Post
                      Hi Daemonized ,
                      How does that work for you cutting out anything that resembles a carb source, are you staying around the 50-100g amount? Just wondering, I am new to this and a bit afraid of going that low, low.....I guess I have that SAD brainwashing...... I do manage to stay under the 100g amount which is a 100x's better that I used to be.
                      Annie
                      My diet is working well for me. I'm working on getting my single digit fat percentage even lower than it is now. On most days, I am getting a lot less than 50-100 grams of carbs. It's probably more like 5 to 20 grams or so incidentally. These days I'm mostly carnivorous.
                      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

My thoughts precisely,

I know that it is hard for people to get a hold of Raw Dairy products, wouldn't it be better to not consume commercial dairy at all if that's all there is? I know it is so hard for everything that we eat. If I only had the option to eat store, bought, commercially raised meats, I would have to chose that or go vegetarian..............sometimes we have to eat only what is available to us, people do not know how to grow, raise or hunt and gather their own foods anymore.

Annie

Comment

Daemonized,

Wow!!!! I am not sure but aren't we supposed to have a little fat on our bodies? I guess I am afraid to loose too much fat, it's been on me for so long. Do you have plenty of energy to get you through the day?

Annie

Comment

Originally posted by Annie1962 View Post
                            Just wondering if there is anyone else who questions the "RAW MILK" in the primal diet.
                            Yup. I do. Though I do use cream in my coffee. And I do eat some cheese. But I still have reservations about it and didn't eat dairy for many many years.

① Milk is primarily a nutritional *and* hormonal delivery system, it's species specific and is delivered from mothers to their nurslings. Can you imagine drinking another woman's breastmlk? Nursing from a cow? A rat? A giraffe? Drinking cow milk is no less odd.
                            ② Milk consumption past age 3-6 (depending weaning age) simply was not an option in the environment of evolutionary adaptation. We did not evolve drinking milk of other species.
                            http://www.google.com/search?q=kathr...ient=firefox-a
                            ③ There is little casein in human milk yet it's the dominant protein in cow milk. It's difficult to digest - even raw.
                            ④ Milk is carby.
                            ⑤ My c-reactive protein goes up if I start eating dairy very regularly.
                            ⑥ The exception, for me, seems to be whey protein powder. My body loves it. Loves it loves it loves it.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Hey, I've heard all of that before and still agree with Sally Falon and the "Weston Price Foundation" many primitive civilizations (our ancestors ?) thrived, were strong boned and well featured people while eating dairy....I have no problems what so ever consuming "Raw Dairy" products and am absolutely enjoying the nourishment that I am getting. I do thank you though for your input , everything is debatable......and consuming dairy has always been a big one.....

Annie

Comment

Working...
                              X