Just because its funny and bizarre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because its funny and bizarre

Here's an article on G. Paltrow, who for the longest time talked about cleanses, detoxing, macrobiotic and vegan (and why essentially that makes her better than you) and here she is making roast chicken with a farmer's market salad. Gave me a giggle:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/20...h_paltrow.html

You should see her trainer!!! Oprah had her and her trainer on a show and I wrote a scathing letter to Oprah. For SHAME! I never write scathing letters, but this 'trainer' was WAY off base.

The trainer not only tells America that women should not lift ANYTHING heavier than 3 lbs (WTH?????), but she also has a major scandalous business background (left her clients high and dry, owning them money, so that she could go to LA with her boyfriend/ business partner, who was NOT her then-husband!).

That aside, poor Gwenith eats up this horrible 'trainer's advice :-(

Comment

I saw that Oprah episode--

t'was hysterical and ridiculous.

Comment

Sassa: wow...the 3 lbs thing prompted me to search, and lo and behold:

http://www.oprah.com/media/20080828_tows_workout

That is absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Gweneth Paltrow is a scrawny dolt.

Comment

The trainer (Tracy Anderson) doesn't look particularly well-muscled either:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...03_468x653.jpg

And more craziness:

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/magazin...?click=main_sr

Comment

I've never understood how being weak is either attractive, or healthy. Women who fear getting to big from lifting weight are just not well informed. My wife is 5'3, and 112lbs a size2, but she can out lift most guys at the gym? Oh and at 35 and after 3 babys she looks hotter than most of baby fat ridden 20 year olds at the gym. Gweneth with all of her funky diets, and trainers just looks ill most of the time.

Comment

"Madonna, Central Park's most famous jogger after Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, will never run again, says Tracy. The 50-year-old's muscles want to become enormous, "but now we've got them really teeny tiny. I am on a mission," Tracy continues."

REALLY? She claims junk food has nothing to do with getting fat? Only dancing/ pilates exercises?

I don't care if that is even true. Where's the health aspect?

Good lord, this woman is given way too much credit!

Comment

Funny how proud she is that she got a client's muscles "teeny tiny".

Brad, I think your wife needs to teach this woman a lesson, lol.

Comment

I think my 5year old know more about real health and fitness than Tracy Anderson.

Comment

What a strange woman with an obsession for women to be a “teeny-tiny dancer type” I am gobsmaked that people actually follow her. it is sickening.

Comment

I recently read an article that explained how "Hollywood types" are masking their anorexia and starvation diets by re-naming their habits. Starvation is now "fasting", different from IF I might add. Taking laxatives is now "cleansing". I am also becoming increasingly pissed that so many of our starlites are of a "healthy weight", when they are still far below what they should be. I see these websites where the starts are described as being "healthy". Paltrow is far from it. I want to bench press her and then kick her in the shins.

Comment

"I've never understood how being weak is either attractive, or healthy."

We have Victorian and Regency times, I think, to thank for this. Ladies didn't work. They didn't lift things. They didn't do anything 'unladylike'. It's what servants were for. Restrictive clothing that one couldn't lift a finger in were popular, as well as footwear that one couldn't walk in. Because Ladies were driven or rode everywhere.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
                          Current weight: 199
                          Goal: 145

Comment

I just saw an article today talking about how gwyneth paltrows "diet" if you can call it that might be to blame for her osteopenia. Here is the link, it both frightens me and entertains me that these celebrities with boatloads of cash can't hire a sane nutrition coach or personal trainer.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=11034632

Mostly it frightens me because since she is a big hollywood celeb that lots of people look up to her and see hey if this nutjobs diet works for gwyneth than it can work for me. I felt so sad for that stupid bimbo i had to throw a couple more slabs of bacon on my pile of eggs and avocado this morning

Comment

Originally posted by rabbidchicken69 View Post
                              I felt so sad for that stupid bimbo i had to throw a couple more slabs of bacon on my pile of eggs and avocado this morning
                              +1.

Tracy Anderson is a joke. I can't believe anyone takes her methods seriously. Even when Ive read/watched interviews with her, even her personality and approach is just straight up stupid.

I also love how paltrow says she lifts her 30lb son all the time..then goes back to saying she works out with 3lb weights. what.
                              Last edited by SheGlowsPale; 06-29-2010, 12:49 PM.
                              The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Working...
                              X