So Delicious Coconut Products

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Delicious Coconut Products

Are the So Delicious products okay? I use the milk and also the ice cream occasionally.

They're pretty processed. It's definitely not the same as eating "real" coconut products. (coconut milk, coconut oil, shredded coconut.) But it's certainly not going to kill you to use it occasionally.

But why not go for the real stuff? Have you ever had Coconut Bliss? Try it once and you'll turn up your nose at the So Delicious brand!

Comment

Thanks! I didn't really think about the milk when I originally started buying it, but last night I was looking at it and thought hmmm...

I am assuming you are talking about the Coconut Bliss ice cream? Haven't tried it, but will give it a try sometime.

I just bought 2 jugs of milk because it was on sale. I will use it up and then switch to the canned. I use it in my smoothie each day and am trying it in my coffee again as the heavy cream with bothering me.

Comment

Certainly not as good as more raw coconut products, but they're decent. Currently buying the coconut 'yogurt' of the brand because its something my wife can keep down past the nausea. :P yay pregnancy! lol

Comment

I had the vanilla yogurt the other day and it was delicious.

Comment

Yeah, stick to the plain or vanilla, betty - they are the two with A) the least sugar and B) the least 'extra' ingredients

If you want some fruit in it, just slice up some strawberries or throw in some blueberries instead of buying the ones with them already in there.

Comment

Originally posted by betty74 View Post
              Are the So Delicious products okay? I use the milk and also the ice cream occasionally.
              if there is sugar/cane juice/agave added then nope.

We've used the So Delicious plain/unsweetened coconut milk occasionally. I love it and it's appropriate.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I had one of the coconut ice creams for my birthday. I don't know if it was SO Delicious or Coconut Bliss. It was good, and didn't upset my stomach, but it was very sugary. For me it would be a rare treat. (Like a birthday.)

Comment

Originally posted by dragonmamma View Post
                  But why not go for the real stuff? Have you ever had Coconut Bliss? Try it once and you'll turn up your nose at the So Delicious brand!
                  I really like Coconut Bliss, but being a Mango lover I was really happy to find So Delicious Passionate Mango. The only problem I'm having with them both is the Agave Syrup. But I guess since I don't eat either of them every day...

Comment

I think Coconut Bliss has a weird, unpleasant aftertaste. Purely Decadent coconut milk ice cream tastes so much better. They're both processed. And the unsweetened So Delicious coconut milk is a really nice drinkable "milk" beverage.

Comment

Thumbs Up On Taste

Last night I was cruising Whole Foods and feeling good about some organic fruit and veggies and almond butter that I was planning on buying, but then I approached the dairy aisle and found myself frozen in contemplation, holding on to some So Delicious Strawberry Coconut Kefir. I had tried it a week earlier and it was out of this world with flavor....but it's a guilty treat. Very processed, high sugar, low to nil protein (weird) but has probiotics and taste going for it. I managed to fight the urge to splurge but man, the stuff is so good and I really felt like it was a battle between good and evil going on within myself. A real battle for my soul. Yeah, I know I am disturbed but that kefir really tastes that good. My wife had to kick me in the ass to get going.

Maybe once I hit my goal weight I can splurge a bit on the stuff.

Comment

Coconut is mostly a source of fat rather than protein so I'm not surprised on that count. The only Kefir I've found in stores so far, though, has always been low-fat which immediately means more processed and junk ingredients.

Comment

What coconut oil brand has the least flavor?? I really don't care for the taste of coconut but I'm convinced that it's one of the very best fat sources ... I'm OK with cooking with it (although not sure how much you really end up eating) ... but a spoonful of the stuff - yech!! How can I get big gobs of coconut oil without it tasting like a, well, big glob of coconut?

Comment

I buy coconut butter which is wonderful by the spoonful. It is Artisana brand. They make oil and butter. The butter includes the meat and is not oily.

Comment

I will check it out - thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X