Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edible insects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Edible insects

    Mostly out of curiosity, I'd like to try some edible insects. Seems they have a fantastic nutritional profile and are relatively inexpensive.

    Can any of you primals recommend a good brand/supplier?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Primal_BK View Post
    Mostly out of curiosity, I'd like to try some edible insects. Seems they have a fantastic nutritional profile and are relatively inexpensive.

    Can any of you primals recommend a good brand/supplier?
    Why not just go out and gather?

    Comment


    • #3
      This girl has a pretty informative bug eating series on youtube called "Girl Eats Bug:

      Girl Meets Bug - ep. 1 WaxWorm Tacos - YouTube

      I wish grocery stores sold bugs down here.
      My Recipes are at: www.southbeachprimal.com

      Comment


      • #4
        I guess you could buy some at the pet store . If your serious I've bought freeze dried meal worms for my wild bird feeder. They didn't smell tasty thou. But they are a choice many animals from birds to bears
        Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

        Comment


        • #5
          I tried scorpions in thailand.

          crunchy!
          My interesting paleo weight loss blog

          Comment


          • #6
            I just ordered a batch of live mealworms to start my mealworm farm from Uncle Jim's Worm Farm. I plan to work them into my diet and the chickens will love them too.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KPaul View Post
              I just ordered a batch of live mealworms to start my mealworm farm from Uncle Jim's Worm Farm. I plan to work them into my diet and the chickens will love them too.
              Will you be eating them raw/live or cooking/drying them somehow?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Primal_BK View Post
                Will you be eating them raw/live or cooking/drying them somehow?
                I'll start by roasting them and trying them on salads. If they're really tasty I'll see how they are as a stand alone snack.

                Comment

                Working...
                X