Bowels discussion :-D - TMI!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowels discussion :-D - TMI!

From my research, our 'movements' are supposedly a major indication of our current health and nutrition consumption/ absorbtion and the body's ability to adequately process our food.

My husband has been a little taken back by the change in color of his bowels from brown to green. He says they have been green for about a month now.

I mentioned that it is indeed an indication in the increase of bile being released by his gallbladder for the processing of the additional fat and cholesterol being consumed now that he's been 'Primal'.

Anyone know of a reason for worry? Mine have been ranging from light brown to very dark brown lately.

I do know that I don't have issues like I used to, so I know that my body isn't getting 'stopped up' like when I was following CW, but should he pay close attention to this color or just mark it as another primal 'happening'?

I have no vital information for you regarding this other than... I/we are in the same boat as your husband. As you however, our "issues" following CW have gone by the way side. :-) TMI... LOL

Comment

Mine too has become slightly greenish with eating lots more greens lately. Spinach in particular seems to do that to me.

Comment

try beets. it comes out fuschia!

Comment

Is it just the color? Is there mucous or film on top of the water? Are the movements coming out nice, easy, and daily, or are they heavy/sinky, or loose?

Honestly, I would be concerned. You might want to talk to your doctor or find a Chek practitioner.

Comment

I got a nifty newsletter in the mail a while ago about it. Darned if I didn't delete it.

Comment

Hmmmm....

I told him not to worry, but yeah, I wanted to be sure he's not having any particular issues....

Comment

I have noticed that it tends to change color with the food I am eating. Most of the time it is dark brown these days. Also, I have been regular, twice daily, and a lack of the 'issues' I have had when eating grains.

Start weight: 250 - 06/2009
                Current weight: 199
                Goal: 145

Comment

Me too Katt. Sure tells us the whole "You're not getting enough fiber!" argument is bupkis!

Comment

well, I really have nothing to add to the thread, Sassa, but I was checking out your blog - VERY COOL ! And then I tried to leave a comment but it wouldn't let me (user error ??) heehee - anyhoo, it looks really good !!!

PrimalMom
                    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

Comment

Causes of green stools:

•large amounts of green, leafy vegetables

•green or purple artificial coloring (popsicles, Kool-Aid, gelatin)

•iron supplements

•infectious gastroenteritis

•rapid bowel transit or decreased colonic transit time

http://ibdcrohns.about.com/cs/otherdiseases/a/stoolcolors.htm

How do changes in bilirubin affect stool color?

Bile travels through the bile ducts (and gallbladder) and into the intestines. As the bilirubin travels through the intestines, some of it undergoes further chemical changes, and some of these changes can have an effect on the color of stool. These changes depend primarily on the speed with which the intestinal contents traverse the intestines.

If the intestinal contents travel at a normal speed, stool is light to dark brown. If the intestinal contents travel more rapidly, chemical changes to bilirubin - and/or the lack of them - may turn the stool green. This is not by itself an important color change. If there is no bilirubin (bile) in the stool, the stool is a gray, clay-like color, an important change in color since it suggests that the flow of bile into the intestine is blocked.

http://www.medicinenet.com/stool_color/page2.htm

Comment

I have for years been popping 3 x 3 times a day Spirulina Capsules followed by one Prune ....I "GO" twice a day at regular intervals ....

Comment

interesting topic. Mine have been more like walnuts and less like zucchini LOL!

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

Working...
                          X