What is your daily fat grams intake?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your daily fat grams intake?

I'm confused as to how many fat grams I should be taking in daily.

If you don't mind answering, what is your weight and what is your estimated daily intake of fat?

Of course, everyone is different but I just want to get an idea of what primal eaters around here are aiming for. I think I need to up mine.

140 pounds and probably 150g or so. Looks like I'm nearly getting a gram per pound of body weight. That's not intentional, it's just how things seem to be working out.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Here's the rough ratio: 70% of your caloric intake should be fat, 20% protein, and no more than 10% carbs.
      Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

I'm 6'1" and 188 lbs and I eat around 140 or so grams of fat a day. It fluctuates though, some days I eat 120 grams and some days I eat 190 grams. When I stop eating nuts and cheese I have a lot of trouble eating a ton of fat without also eating a ton of protein. I'm not into downing raw coconut oil.

Comment

I'm 5'2" 130 lbs, and I usually end up with 100-150g of fat per day. Fat is the one I don't really worry about... I get my carbs to come in around 50g (under if possible), and protein about 80-100g... and the rest is fat, whatever that ends up being.
          "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Comment

I weigh 147lbs right now and when I used to track what I ate, I tried to keep my fat above 80 and some days it went as high as 120. When I track, I'm shooting for about 1500 calories, with about 120 grams of protein, so on days when the carbs were well below 50, the fat had to go up. I find that on days when I have coconut milk I feel better (the next day too - and I'm thinking it's because my fat intake is so high those days) and d*mn a protein shake with coconut milk is soo decadent - who can complain about this way of life!
            A goal without a plan is just a wish.

Comment

I never count macros which is why I eat primal. I just eat and enjoy.

Comment

beef short ribs...haha yum... ihad 145g o fat today...coconut cream makes it easy, egg yolks, BUTTER!
                Get on my Level
                http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PMAC View Post
                  I never count macros which is why I eat primal. I just eat and enjoy.
                  Ditto!
                  ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

Comment

I kept track for awhile back in March as my son was interested in my diet choices. Over a couple of weeks my high was 220 g fat, my low was 137.
                    6'-1" +/-200 lbs
                    Retirement has afforded me the ultimate affluence, that of free time (Sahlins/Wells)

Comment

I can never reach above say 130 grams of fat, though i am trying to get more, i just not sure how to do it, cause coconut milk and cream in aussieland taste yuk, i can't stomach it I am alllergic to dairy. so i try to put heaps of coconut oil on everything, vegies, meat and such :S

Comment

Thanks for your replies! Seems like all of you are getting a good amount, much more than I was thinking is needed. I do eventually want to stop counting and just eat but right now, being new to watching my diet, I can't really eye a specific food and guesstimate what nutrition I'm getting. You guys gave me an idea of where I should be. Thanks Griff for the percentages

Coconut oil is a good idea for me maybe because I tend to eat lean chicken breast meat which doesnt have much fat. And other than that is veggies. But this morning I had eggs and bacon :-D I have coconut oil at home I was only using for hair and skin but I think I'll buy another jar today and start cooking with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthash View Post
                          I am alllergic to dairy. so i try to put heaps of coconut oil on everything, vegies, meat and such :S
                          Does the coconut flavor make meats taste different? Better or worse?

Comment

Originally posted by NMA123 View Post
                            Does the coconut flavor make meats taste different? Better or worse?
                            Personally, I dislike meat cooked in coconut oil. I render tallow and use it for most of my cooking. I've recently found a local pig farmer, so I might see if she will sell me lard. When I cook an egg in tallow, I put the egg on the plate, and then drizzle the leftover tallow onto it from the pan and lick that up when I lick up the runny yolk. I probably eat between 100-150g of fat per day, but my carbs are in the 75-125g range, since I just eat primal foods without counting carbs (I use CRON-o-meter to make sure I'm getting enough calories, since my body has out-of-whack hunger/satiety signals right now). I'll sometimes use coconut oil to saute things if I'm making a coconut-milk-based curry. I also adore macadamia nuts, and oddly, they're one of the only nuts that don't make my teeth/gums hurt.

Comment

omg right now I can't imagine eating that much fat! but I am new at this. Was operating at 50% carbs, 30 fat, 20 protein; now at about 30-35% each.

planning to switch to full-fat dairy as I use up my milk & cottage cheese... bought more nuts to eat at work & eggs to eat at home... plan to go get more 'cados while they're on sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X