Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
    Interesting on the pork loin.

Low to no fat cottage cheese (or any cheese really) is probably the highest protein to calorie "easy" food.

M.
    Back when I did the list, I wasn't eating much cottage cheese, so it wasn't included. I'm delighted to have it back in my arsenal of yummy foods. I love dairy, and figure that if this tiger can live on another species' milk, so can I.

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I actually had never tried cottage cheese until I went Primal. It wasn't until I started getting into it that I discovered just how much I enjoy dairy.

M.

Comment

Best grams protein per calorie foods

I. Love. Cottage. Cheese.

I forgot how much I loved it when I gave up cottage cheese to be hardcore paleo.

Now I looooove that shit since I am on peat.

Cottage cheese omelette and cottage cheese + pineapple. Nom.
        ------
        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Cottage cheese and banana. Cottage with salt and pepper. Cottage cheese when you don't want to go to the store just for ricotta, and a store a few blocks away has cottage cheese always. (Great Grandma is probably giving me the evil eye from the grave for that last one.)
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I tried eating straight ricotta a little while back and just couldn't get into it. Far too sweet! But cottage cheese has become a favorite of mine. I don't know how I managed to make it this far without it. Nutrition's a little...sketch. A pound of it doesn't get you much from what Paleo Track is telling me. Then again, that's less than 500 calories so maybe I'm being unrealistic.

This cottage cheese omlette - just cottage cheese and egg?

M.

Comment

Cottage cheese in place of any other cheese you use.

I also like it for making a "calzone/lasagna" omelette... Pepperoni, sausage, tomato sauce, basil, cottage cheese, sprinkle of mozzarella and Parmesan.
              ------
              HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Ummm, meat?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                  I. Love. Cottage. Cheese.

I forgot how much I loved it when I gave up cottage cheese to be hardcore paleo.

Now I looooove that shit since I am on peat.

Cottage cheese omelette and cottage cheese + pineapple. Nom.
                  After seeing a previous post of yours for cottage cheese in an omelet, I tried it. Amazing! 3 eggs, 1/4C cottage cheese followed by a run thru the Ninja blender... It was almost as light and fluffy as a German Pancake. Done it a few more times adding broccoli, kale, onions; what ever spare veggies are looking for their next mode of transportation. Thanks for the recommendation! I'm a believer...

Comment

Hi cyberic! Nice that sounds awesome!! I also blend the cottage cheese as a mayo/sour cream of sorts.
                    ------

Comment

Hi Guys! I don't post here a lot but read every day. All this talk about cottage cheese, and I just had to share my recipe for the best cottage cheese spread ever! I was fed this as a kid all.the.time, and my grandfather would make it by hand, but a food processor works best.

To a food processor, add one package of dry pressed cottage cheese, half an onion (type depends on your taste, as well as the quantity), salt, a generous amount of black pepper, 1/4 cup softened butter (at least; grandpa never skipmed on this) and a bit of sour cream to reach desired spread consitency. Blend, and using a spatula scrape the sides a few times until a smooth paste forms.

Variations: Add in any type of smoked/canned fish and mix well. I find smoked works amazing. Alternatively, you can add very thinly sliced radishes and finely chopped scallions.

Enjoy!

Comment

Aww that sounds so good. 1/4 cup butter is way too much for me ATM though... Keeping fat low...
                        ------

Comment

Made some banana-egg pancakes last night, going to try it with cottage cheese tonight if I can.

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                          i also like it for making a "calzone/lasagna" omelette... Pepperoni, sausage, tomato sauce, basil, cottage cheese, sprinkle of mozzarella and parmesan.

M.

Comment

I think there are cottage cheese pancake recipes on the internetz too... Most likely bodybuilding forums.
                            ------

Comment

Thanks for that list...these are great suggestions

Comment

Working...
                              X